12V breakers in 2002 Winnebago

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill N

I have been troubleshooting off and on a problem with the 12 volt wall mounted sconce lights over the bed area.  They do not appear to be working and the previous owned finally fessed up that he hasn't seen them work in several years.  So am trying to T/S the problem when visiting the coach in storage.  Problem is the temps have been in the teens everytime I go there and it would take quite a while to warm it all up but I have tried new bulbs (#912) in the lights with no luck.  Today, I tried resetting all the 12 Volt breakers in the cabinet over the microwave but one of them does not reset.  It just hangs out kind of loose (like it's tripped) but about half of those breakers are marked 'lights or lamps' so it's hard to tell which one is the correct breaker.  If it is the one that hangs out loose, it surely must control more than two lights but nothing else is inoperative that I can find.  I try to trace down which breaker controls the lights on the wiring chart with no luck.  It would be nice if they had a diagram of the 12 v breaker panel and what each powers.  Can anyone refer me to such a chart?

Bill

Go to the Winnebago website. They have some very good tech info and schematics for all there products.

George

Bill, sometimes small problems like this just take some perseverance to eliminate all of the obvious before you find the actual cause. If you have a CB that will not reset then I would first remove that to see if there is power to one side of it. It might supply power to the 2 lights you speak of and also you might have a 12v power outlet included in the circuit and other lights that are not so obvious.
Go here to download all of your schematics for plumbing, electrical, etc. http://www.winnebagoind.com/resources/manuals/
Go here for just your electrical http://www.winnebagoind.com/diagram/Wiring.htm
The schematics are pretty large but with a bit of patience you can trace out some of these items. Go to the 12v sections, one will show the schematic layout (diagram) and one will show how the wiring is laid (installation) out inside the coach. You'll see what I mean when you look at them.
Get a good VOM and check everywhere for voltage. You might have just lost a ground for that circuit or could have some corrosion to where changing bulbs does no good. Good luck with it.

I think the problem is that I need some warm weather that will allow me time to troubleshoot in a methodical way.  I have all the charts and diagrams referred to but just can't figure out which breaker powers those two lights. But then I need to take them apart and see if the are getting the power at all and trace it back from there.  I worked  in the industry eons ago but we never had 12 volt circuit breakers in coaches then - just the old round long fuses in individual fuse holders.  If they still used those today, you would need an entire bay to hold them all.  Thanks guys.

Are you sure that they are 12V breakers? Most 12V systems use automotive type fuses and breakers for the 120V system.

Definitely breakers.  Most the coach 12 volt systems are on a set of breakers located on a panel in a cabinet above the mircowave.  Chassis 12 volt stuff is automotive fuses.

waroland said:
Are you sure that they are 12V breakers? Most 12V systems use automotive type fuses and breakers for the 120V system.

Most motorhomes use 12 volt push type breakers on all house circuits and fuses on automotive circuits.

Back
Top Bottom