Ukulele valentines & leprechauns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Inspired by Barbershop 'singing Valentines', I've been trying to get the idea of 'ukulele Valentines' going. These would be small ensembles, subsets of our larger ukulele band, qualified/approved by our Music Director. They'd turn up at pre-arranged locations/events and play/sing love songs to the recipient(s).

It's a slow road. First step, introduce some ballads and get them added to our practice list, and accepted into our portfolio. Separately, I've sown a seed with the Board and the Music Director. It won't happen in time for Valentine's Day 2014, but maybe we can get it up and running for 2015?

Similarly, since we occasionally get requests to perform for some St. Patrick's Day events, we could have 'ukulele leprechauns'. Several of us have introduced Irish songs, and hope to get them added to our portfolio.

Attachments

• valentine.jpg
    valentine.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 4
Time to resurrect this subject and get things organized for 2015.

We have a good portfolio of love songs, both Hawaiian and Haole, so I think we can cover Valentines Day requests.

For St. Paddy's Day ... I have lead sheets for several well-known Irish songs, and I can play/sing them all. I have several books of Irish songs, containing songs I've never played or sung before. YouTube and iTunes to the rescue, then time to practice arrange and arrange practice numbers appropriately.

Back
Top Bottom