Airstream Interstate vs Leisure Travel Free Spirit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron_CA

We have been looking at class Bs and really like the Airstream. Might be my typical champagne taste on a beer budget mentality though lol.

The LTV Free Spirit is nice but don't like the slide out SS because of the slide out behind the drivers seat limits the seat adjustability. Seemed like there was enough room to drive but was seat was pushed against the slide. Also have to move the seat forward every time to push the slide in or out. Bed is narrow at 54" but in the couch position with slide out was nice. The free spirit has the bathroom right up against the driver seat.

Quality seemed real good but didn't like the fact that you are really limited in dealers. Also, another posted on here that if you bought elsewhere they wouldn't service. I don't know if that is a concern but what bugged me was the salesman showing us recently sold but not yet delivered units and one that was sold and in for warranty work. I know he was just trying to show us everything he could but we were uncomfortable in someone else's RV and told him so.

Airstream is super nice and the quality of materials was evident right away and while the bathroom was smaller the floor plan made the trade off over the LTV worth it IMO. Price point is higher on the AI vs LTV. We will be looking to hopefully buy this fall after the buzz over the new chassis dies down a bit and hopefully find a dealer more willing to negotiate. Oh and save our pennies haha.

In the end, it's all got to come down to how you're going to use the rig.
If you're going to be doing a lot of driving, then those concerns about driver's seat position will be more important.
But if you ever intend to use the shower... One thing that would steer us towards the Free Spirit SS is the DRY BATH!
Our current B has a real dry bath.  We love it, and getting used to a wet bath is not something I want to learn to do.

Whatever you decide - have fun!

I feel it is a trade off in floor plan no matter which one we buy. The LTVs FS SS are nice and have nice showers, it is the sleeping that isn't so nice. The SS has the 54" slide out bed which is just too narrow even for our small size. If only that darn slide out was even 6" wider....

Back
Top Bottom