Where do they ride?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CJR

A question for those of you with larger dogs hauling a fifth wheel.  Where to they ride?  With a family of 4, there just isn't enough room for them to ride in the tow vehicle. Obviously the bed isn't happening. I really don't like the idea of putting them in the trailer, but don't see that I have another option.

In the south. The hunting dog gets the right front seat, and the wife gets the trailer. ::)

Lee

LOL The dogs will likely be terrified riding alone in the trailer. They would be better off being left with people they know or a reputable kennel.

How big are the dogs/kids? Can the equipment be packed in the camper while traveling and the dogs on the floor of the truck in the backseat with the kids? I assume you have a backseat in that truck.
When I came to Arizona from NorCal, I drove my Kia Sephia (a very small 4 door compact car) with as much of my wordly goods as I could cram in the trunk/backseat/front seat etc. I made enough room on top of the stuff in the back seat to throw a dog bed  on top and my 53 lb pit bull rode there. Sometimes she wanted in the front seat, but she was happy to spread out on her own bed in back. I didn't have the luxury of a camper back then.
Sure it was cramped, so we stopped frequently. Then again we were in no hurry. When we started out, it took us 36 hours to go 200 miles, ha ha, I love telling that part!! Once we got really going though, we made great time.

Back
Top Bottom