Safety step for Roadtrek

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

toniwill

Hello,    Just had our first trip with our Roadtrek Versatile 200 and loved it!  Our rig, on a Chevy chassis, has one flaw.  The step on the side door is narrow, about 5 inches.  I have to step sideways to maneuver it coming out, and I'm afraid that some day someone'll bust an ankle or worse.  I thought of putting one of those safety steps up against it at the exact height of van step, around 13", but all the ones I've seen online don't adjust that high; they're about 4-8". Any suggestions or sources?  I checked all the ones on Amazon--too low.
thanks all,
Toni

Hello, We have a small folding plastic step that we use for entry. It is about 10" tall and wide enough to be really stable. When entering the rig we step on it and then skip that first step that is there, the same coming out. I am 6' and my queen is less than 5' tall, it fits both of us. A big plus also is that it folds up and stores in the pouch in the door.

Hmmm, hadn't thought of just skipping the step like you do.  I'll check it out.  Can you tell me the name of the step you use?  I've not seen any 10" high models either. :)
toni

Hi Toni, The name I can make out says...Fashion Asst... It is 9" tall. They sell them on ebay. amazon, wally world. They fold completely flat and cost about $18.00, lots of colors. If I knew how to add tags? to this post I would. I hope this helps!

I have also seen them at ACE.

For your exiting concerns maybe explore adding (bolting) a piece of 5/8" exterior grade plywood onto that 5" wide narrow step. Make it, say, 7" wide and covered with anti slip tape.  Want to be able to step on it but wouldn't want it to stick out to far.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom