EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 06 Moab Rally  (Read 64128 times)

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
Re: 06 Moab Rally
« Reply #120 on: April 24, 2006, 07:56:40 PM »
Gary,

Maybe Ron could/would call and use his charm with the folks at Portal, explaining that you're with the group (Ron?) The owners, managers and reservation system are all new for this year and they don't appear to have the same degree of flexibility as the prior ones.

I already have a call into Dan.  Got the message when I called so I left Dan a message.  Hope I can help.
Ron & Sam-home is where we park it. Currently located   HERE

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #121 on: April 24, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »
I have talked to Dan and looks like Brinks will have a partial or possibly a full hookup site.  Will have details and site numbers tomorrow afternoon when we return from road trip.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #122 on: April 24, 2006, 09:34:40 PM »
Great job Ron. Let's hope that works for Gary.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Terry A. Brewer

• ---
« Reply #123 on: April 24, 2006, 11:37:24 PM »
Ron

Gary could have our site if he wouldn't mind moving on the 30th when we come in.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #124 on: April 25, 2006, 09:13:37 AM »
I got another email from Portal this morning, from Dan the manager. Apparently the "link" between my reservation and RV Forum got lost somehow and they did not fit me in when there were previous cancellations. Dan now says he is working on it and will let me know later.  Since we will arrive tomorrow, I hope it isn't too much later.  :)

Many thanks to Ron for intervening - looks like it is working much better than my own efforts with them.

Terry: thanks for the offer.  I gather you have a reservation for 4/26 but won't arrive until 4/30?  Does Portal know you will be arriving later than they expect you?  I don't think they will let me occupy your site those days unless you tell them its ok.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #125 on: April 25, 2006, 10:51:15 AM »
Terry: thanks for the offer.  I gather you have a reservation for 4/26 but won't arrive until 4/30?  Does Portal know you will be arriving later than they expect you?  I don't think they will let me occupy your site those days unless you tell them its ok.

Yes Gary, we called and told Portal of our delayed arrival.  We had been scheduled to arrive 4/26 but slipped it back to 4/30.   They "know" so maybe a reminder on that change would help them figure you in.  but we do want the same site 3 when we arrive.  Go for it and we look forward to seeing you.  Please don't leave before we get there!
Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #126 on: April 25, 2006, 05:03:06 PM »
Received a call from Portal indicating the Brinks will be in site 21 in on the 26th and out on the 1st.  A confirmation will be sent to Brinks via E-mail.  Glad we could help.  See you tomorrow at Portal.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #127 on: April 25, 2006, 10:31:33 PM »
Yeap, got the email confirmation from Portal.   See ya Wednesday - should be there by very early afternoon.

Thanks again, Ron

Terry & Betty: will be there when you arrive but plan to depart on the 1st.  Duty calls...
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Phil

• ---
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2006, 12:18:22 AM »
Yeap, got the email confirmation from Portal.   See ya Wednesday - should be there by very early afternoon.

I'm glad things worked out for you Gary.  It will be nice to see you again.  We plan to arrive Friday afternoon.

Phil

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2006, 04:14:30 PM »
Al & Vel Woods were at Portal to greet Russ when he arrived at 08:00 this morning.  The Brinks arrived this after noon followed later by Fitzgeralds and Ruwards. The Woods have already been on the off road trails.  Looking forward to everyones arrivals.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2006, 04:17:28 PM »
There is one partial hookup sight available (Water & Electric) being held for the RV Forum until Friday then it will be released for whoever comes first.  So if you can see your way to join us at the RV Forum Moab Rally call Portal now and identify yourself as a RV Forum member to get this available sight.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2006, 08:32:51 PM »
Ron,

From the information I got the site you show as available is already taken.  They told me they would send me an e-mail this coming week.

Ron,
Please add Mike and Ann Shedivy to list of attendees.  They made reservations a week or so ago and did mention the forum.  You met them once Thanksgiving at Jerry's .

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #132 on: April 27, 2006, 09:10:19 AM »
For anyone interested in the weather we are dealing with here in Moab after arriving to finds the temps at 82F yesterday here is the forcast for the next five days.  I know its hard to take but I think we can handle it. ;D

Thurs                   Fri                          Sat                  Sun                     Mon
81° F | 49° F         75° F | 43° F         74° F | 45° F       78° F | 46° F        83° F | 49° F
Partly Cloudy         Partly Cloudy            Partly Cloudy          Clear                 Clear

Still one sight open for a forum member.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:12:27 AM by Ron »

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #133 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:50 AM »
Anyone who hasn't been to Moab and is undecided whether to come, check out The Moab experience in our forum library. Just click the Library button above and select Places to see and things to do. One caveat - all I could hope do in an article is whet your appetite; There are so many places to explore that it would take many visits to see it all. But, come once and you'll want to come back.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 09:18:51 AM by Tom »

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #134 on: April 27, 2006, 11:49:33 AM »
Ron,
Please add Mike and Ann Shedivy to list of attendees.  They made reservations a week or so ago and did mention the forum.  You met them once Thanksgiving at Jerry's .

Betty

Done.

Marsha/CA

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #135 on: April 27, 2006, 09:09:55 PM »
Ron,

Since you are at Portal, would you check tomorrow morning, Friday and see what has happened to our reservation.  I see that Russ is in site #9 and we were reserved for that site.  I'll try calling them first thing in the morning; but I may not have cell service.  If they don't have our reservation and don't have space for us, I'd like to know before we drive up there.
Hate to bother you, but you seem to be the man in charge at the moment.

Marsha~
2017 Heartland Mallard IDM231 Travel Trailer....Small but mighty.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #136 on: April 27, 2006, 10:32:05 PM »
I will check on it tomorrow Marsha and let you know.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #137 on: April 27, 2006, 10:44:16 PM »
The fun has began at Moab.  The early arrivals had a great dinner at Russ's see attached photos.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2006, 10:49:46 PM »
Gee Ron, I thought you were going to share photos of you singing and dancing. Remember, it's your turn to perform this year.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #139 on: April 27, 2006, 10:55:49 PM »
Gee Ron, I thought you were going to share photos of you singing and dancing. Remember, it's your turn to perform this year.
  Bad untrue rumor.

By the way will be taking a trip to Musselman Arch, Shaffer trail and Pucker pass tomorrow.  Will be a fun ride and I suspect off road trip photos will be posted tomorrow evening.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #140 on: April 27, 2006, 11:02:18 PM »
Sounds like you'll be gone when Griefers and we arrive. ETA around noon, unless the ladies decide to do some shopping before we hit hwy 191. Have a good trip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2006, 11:12:55 PM »
We will probably be back by around 14:00 or even sooner.  Al has a package in the office.

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2006, 11:16:16 PM »
The fun has began at Moab.  The early arrivals had a great dinner at Russ's see attached photos.

OK so I want to know...Is a blue shirt required attire for  Moab rally?  Many in photos appear to have a blue shirt.

Betty
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #143 on: April 27, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »
Can't wait to cut that 4" diameter hole in the roof of Mike & Wendy's motorhome. Hope he brings plenty of caulk  ;D

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #144 on: April 27, 2006, 11:22:30 PM »
OK so I want to know...Is a blue shirt required attire for  Moab rally?  Many in photos appear to have a blue shirt.

Betty

Never notice shirts. guess we were interested in what was being served for dinner.  appears just about half and half.  No blue shirt requirment here. ;D ;)

Ron

• Former Staff
  • ---
« Reply #145 on: April 27, 2006, 11:23:41 PM »
Can't wait to cut that 4" diameter hole in the roof of Mike & Wendy's motorhome. Hope he brings plenty of caulk  ;D
  Tom your just in a hurry to use that new tool on Wendy's coach. ;D

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #146 on: April 28, 2006, 09:25:45 AM »
When we get back from the 4-wheel road trip today we will all be gathering at our site (#21, next to the restrooms) for happy hour(s).   Nancy is making her killer cheesy nacho dip and later we will throw a variety of sausages on the grill later and bring out a macaroni salad.   Might even be a bottle of wine lying about, looking for an empty glass to fill.   So bring your chair, your appetite and your favorite potion!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2006, 09:28:12 AM by RV Roamer »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #147 on: April 28, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »
Gary,

Nancy's nacho dip has me hooked! Appreciate the hospitality and enjoyed seeing everyone again.

Ned

• Former Staff
  • ---
  • Ned and Lorna are former full time RVers
    • Have you seen Rolling Stock?
« Reply #148 on: April 28, 2006, 08:47:50 PM »
The sausage and wine were great, but once the sun goes behind the cliffs, it cools off quickly.  So I'm here writing about it while a few of the more hardy souls are still sitting out chatting.

I see they have started a small fire, so I may have to got back out :)
-- Ned -- Fulltimer 1997-2013
1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE
2007 GMC Canyon

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #149 on: April 28, 2006, 08:59:30 PM »
I just took off the flannel sheets and put on regular sheets.....should I have left the flannel ones on?

See you tomorrow.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Hosted by Over The Network