06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom said:
Gary,

Maybe Ron could/would call and use his charm with the folks at Portal, explaining that you're with the group (Ron?) The owners, managers and reservation system are all new for this year and they don't appear to have the same degree of flexibility as the prior ones.

I already have a call into Dan.  Got the message when I called so I left Dan a message.  Hope I can help.

I have talked to Dan and looks like Brinks will have a partial or possibly a full hookup site.  Will have details and site numbers tomorrow afternoon when we return from road trip.

I got another email from Portal this morning, from Dan the manager. Apparently the "link" between my reservation and RV Forum got lost somehow and they did not fit me in when there were previous cancellations. Dan now says he is working on it and will let me know later.  Since we will arrive tomorrow, I hope it isn't too much later.  :)

Many thanks to Ron for intervening - looks like it is working much better than my own efforts with them.

Terry: thanks for the offer.  I gather you have a reservation for 4/26 but won't arrive until 4/30?  Does Portal know you will be arriving later than they expect you?  I don't think they will let me occupy your site those days unless you tell them its ok.

RV Roamer said:
Terry: thanks for the offer.? I gather you have a reservation for 4/26 but won't arrive until 4/30?? Does Portal know you will be arriving later than they expect you?? I don't think they will let me occupy your site those days unless you tell them its ok.

Yes Gary, we called and told Portal of our delayed arrival.  We had been scheduled to arrive 4/26 but slipped it back to 4/30.  They "know" so maybe a reminder on that change would help them figure you in.  but we do want the same site 3 when we arrive.  Go for it and we look forward to seeing you.  Please don't leave before we get there!
Betty

Received a call from Portal indicating the Brinks will be in site 21 in on the 26th and out on the 1st.  A confirmation will be sent to Brinks via E-mail.  Glad we could help.  See you tomorrow at Portal.

Yeap, got the email confirmation from Portal.  See ya Wednesday - should be there by very early afternoon.

Thanks again, Ron

Terry & Betty: will be there when you arrive but plan to depart on the 1st.  Duty calls...

RV Roamer said:
Yeap, got the email confirmation from Portal.  See ya Wednesday - should be there by very early afternoon.

I'm glad things worked out for you Gary.  It will be nice to see you again.  We plan to arrive Friday afternoon.

Phil

Al & Vel Woods were at Portal to greet Russ when he arrived at 08:00 this morning.  The Brinks arrived this after noon followed later by Fitzgeralds and Ruwards. The Woods have already been on the off road trails.  Looking forward to everyones arrivals.

There is one partial hookup sight available (Water & Electric) being held for the RV Forum until Friday then it will be released for whoever comes first.  So if you can see your way to join us at the RV Forum Moab Rally call Portal now and identify yourself as a RV Forum member to get this available sight.

Ron said:
Ron,

From the information I got the site you show as available is already taken.? They told me they would send me an e-mail this coming week.

Ron,
Please add Mike and Ann Shedivy to list of attendees.  They made reservations a week or so ago and did mention the forum.  You met them once Thanksgiving at Jerry's .

Betty

For anyone interested in the weather we are dealing with here in Moab after arriving to finds the temps at 82F yesterday here is the forcast for the next five days.? I know its hard to take but I think we can handle it. ;D

? ? ?Thurs? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Fri? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?? ? ? ?Sat? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ? ?Sun? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?Mon
81? F | 49? F? ? ? ? ?75? F | 43? F? ?      74? F | 45? F? ? ?  78? F | 46? F? ?  ? ?83? F | 49? F
Partly Cloudy? ? ? ? ?Partly Cloudy  ? ? ? ? ? Partly Cloudy          Clear ? ? ? ?    ?Clear

Still one sight open for a forum member.

Anyone who hasn't been to Moab and is undecided whether to come, check out The Moab experience in our forum library. Just click the Library button above and select Places to see and things to do. One caveat - all I could hope do in an article is whet your appetite; There are so many places to explore that it would take many visits to see it all. But, come once and you'll want to come back.

Ron,

Since you are at Portal, would you check tomorrow morning, Friday and see what has happened to our reservation.  I see that Russ is in site #9 and we were reserved for that site.  I'll try calling them first thing in the morning; but I may not have cell service.  If they don't have our reservation and don't have space for us, I'd like to know before we drive up there.
Hate to bother you, but you seem to be the man in charge at the moment.

Marsha~

The fun has began at Moab.  The early arrivals had a great dinner at Russ's see attached photos.

Attachments

• Sinner at Russ's 1.JPG
    Sinner at Russ's 1.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 98
  • Dinner at Russ's 2.JPG
    Dinner at Russ's 2.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 92
Gee Ron, I thought you were going to share photos of you singing and dancing. Remember, it's your turn to perform this year.

Tom said:
Gee Ron, I thought you were going to share photos of you singing and dancing. Remember, it's your turn to perform this year.
? Bad untrue rumor.

By the way will be taking a trip to Musselman Arch, Shaffer trail and Pucker pass tomorrow.? Will be a fun ride and I suspect off road trip photos will be posted tomorrow evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom