06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you'll be gone when Griefers and we arrive. ETA around noon, unless the ladies decide to do some shopping before we hit hwy 191. Have a good trip.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ron said:
The fun has began at Moab.? The early arrivals had a great dinner at Russ's see attached photos.

OK so I want to know...Is a blue shirt required attire for  Moab rally?  Many in photos appear to have a blue shirt.

Betty

Can't wait to cut that 4" diameter hole in the roof of Mike & Wendy's motorhome. Hope he brings plenty of caulk  ;D

Betty Brewer said:
OK so I want to know...Is a blue shirt required attire for? Moab rally?? Many in photos appear to have a blue shirt.

Betty

Never notice shirts. guess we were interested in what was being served for dinner.  appears just about half and half.  No blue shirt requirment here. ;D ;)

When we get back from the 4-wheel road trip today we will all be gathering at our site (#21, next to the restrooms) for happy hour(s).  Nancy is making her killer cheesy nacho dip and later we will throw a variety of sausages on the grill later and bring out a macaroni salad.  Might even be a bottle of wine lying about, looking for an empty glass to fill.  So bring your chair, your appetite and your favorite potion!

Gary,

Nancy's nacho dip has me hooked! Appreciate the hospitality and enjoyed seeing everyone again.

The sausage and wine were great, but once the sun goes behind the cliffs, it cools off quickly.  So I'm here writing about it while a few of the more hardy souls are still sitting out chatting.

I see they have started a small fire, so I may have to got back out :)

I just took off the flannel sheets and put on regular sheets.....should I have left the flannel ones on?

See you tomorrow.

With this bunch, it's always great.  And nobody goes away hungry :)

Wendy,
It was warm enough when we went to bed but it dropped to about 39 last night, so the flannel sheets would be comfy!  But like you we have already switched to the cotton ones and have managed to survive.  ;)  See ya later today.

Had a great day on the first 2006 Moab RV Forum rally offroad trip yesterday.  Went to Musselman arch then up Shaffer trail to the Grand view and returned via Pucker pass.  Photos from this trip are attached.

Attachments

• Moab looking over the Colo river (Medium).jpg
    Moab looking over the Colo river (Medium).jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Musselman Arch (Medium).jpg
    Musselman Arch (Medium).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 65
More photos from the first 2006 Moab offroad ride.

Attachments

• Shaffer trail (Medium).jpg
    Shaffer trail (Medium).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 57
  • Pucker pass (Medium).jpg
    Pucker pass (Medium).jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 62
Chris and Mimi Pennings left Monument Valley just now and should arrive in Portal around 1:00. 
Terry and Betty will stay another day at Monument Valley to enjoy the scenery and rest and relax before the big Moab event.

I am willing to do a planning meeting Sunday at Happy Hour to calendar the week's activities if it has not already been done.  I have lots of ideas for those "up" for fun. If you have a specific activity in mind it would be good to see what days it can be scheduled.  I have post it notes and the white boards .  I will write all down so each knows what is happening and when. 

Monument Valley Pics attached.

Betty

Attachments

• DSC00013 (Small).JPG
    DSC00013 (Small).JPG
    41.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01730 (Small).JPG
    DSC01730 (Small).JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01729 (Small).JPG
    DSC01729 (Small).JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 67
Canyonlands by Night Dinner and Boat light show will be Monday night 1 May 2006.? We have been given a group discount so the Dinner and Boat will cost $45.50 per person which is more than $8.00 discount per person.? Per the operators request I will collect the fares then go purchase the tickets Monday morning.? This is a highly rated light show and should be a great fun tour.

Ron said:
Canyonlands by Night Dinner and Boat light show will be Monday night 1 May 2006.? We have been given a group discount so the Dinner and Boat will cost $42.50 per person which is more than $8.00 discount per person.? Per the operators request I will collect the fares then go purchase the tickets Monday morning.? This is a highly rated light show and should be a great fun tour.

Cindy and I are over in Torrey UT (Capitol Reef NP).? ? We are scheduled to arrive in Moab on Monday.? ? As I said earlier both of us want to attend the boat and dinner.? ? However, the earliest I can get to Moab is noon on Monday and maybe even 1 pm.? ?I can pay cash when I get there.? Is there anyway we can work out a pair of reservations for us

Betty Brewer said:
I am willing to do a planning meeting Sunday at Happy Hour to calendar the week's activities if it has not already been done.

Betty,

That sounds like a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinbad
Back
Top Bottom