06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photography Ron, thanks for sharing. That puts my feeble photo efforts to shame and makes me want to hide my camera under the nearest rock  :-[

Bob Maxwell said:
The pictures of the Long Canyon road/drive remind me of the road we take after the 9am service at St. Ann's in the Glencoe area of Lincoln county.

Bob,

Sounds like an interesting drive through an interesting area.

A few photos from our trip to Arches National Park yesterday and dinner last evening.

• Delicate Arch from the lower viewing area.
  • Fiery Furnace from the overlook.
  • Barb and Frank leaving the Delicate Arch viewpoint.
  • Chris, Al and Judy at Balanced Rock.
  • Judy and Al with the Duke at the western movie museum.
  • Judy, Al & Chris at Red Cliffs Lodge.

Attachments

• delicate_arch.jpg
    delicate_arch.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 34
  • Fiery_furnace.jpg
    Fiery_furnace.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 35
  • Barb_Frank.jpg
    Barb_Frank.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 37
  • balanced_rock.jpg
    balanced_rock.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Judy_Duke_Al.jpg
    Judy_Duke_Al.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 40
  • RedCliffsLodge.jpg
    RedCliffsLodge.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 39
From the 'Roof drilling 101' session:

• Old (tripod) setup.
  • Cleaning up the new mount.
  • New mast arrives.
  • Attaching new mast.
  • Placing the mount ready for drilling.
  • Caulking.
  • Complete installation? - Coming soon (he hasn't finished).

Attachments

• tripod.jpg
    tripod.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 30
  • paint_removal.jpg
    paint_removal.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 30
  • new_mast.jpg
    new_mast.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 33
  • attach_mast.jpg
    attach_mast.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 31
  • placing_mount.jpg
    placing_mount.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 28
  • caulking.jpg
    caulking.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 29
And Terry didn't get to do the drilling as a birthday present? ;D ;D

We should all have decals made up and put on our mounts:

"Mounted with the technical drilling assistance of T Brewer."

Smoky,

Campground hasn't changed much since I posted photos at your request last year, although the location of some rigs have. Here's one shot and here's another. If you're lucky enough to be in the field (no hookups), as we were for a few days on our first visit, this is what it looks like.

Jeff /Washington said:
We should all have decals made up and put on our mounts

Good idea Jeff. Mike's will read "Partially installed without help from Terry; Come back soon to see the finished installation."

Here are some shots of todays horse back ride at red Cliff's Lodge

Attachments

• Horse Ride02 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride02 (Small).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Horse Ride03 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride03 (Small).JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Horse Ride06 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride06 (Small).JPG
    77.2 KB · Views: 44
  • Horse Ride17 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride17 (Small).JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 38
  • Horse Ride51 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride51 (Small).JPG
    95.1 KB · Views: 40
  • Horse Ride58 (Small).JPG
    Horse Ride58 (Small).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 40
Terry,

You scared me.  When I looked at picture #3.  I thought it was where they planted the ones that did not survive the ride

Here are some more photos taken during the Horseback ride today.? Very enjoyable ride through some very scenic country.? Thanks to Marsha and Tim for setting the ride up.

Attachments

• Chris, Betty, & Judy (Medium).jpg
    Chris, Betty, & Judy (Medium).jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Sam (Medium).jpg
    Sam (Medium).jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Terry and Betty (Medium).jpg
    Terry and Betty (Medium).jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 36
  • Horseback Riders (Medium).jpg
    Horseback Riders (Medium).jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 37
  • Terry B (Medium).jpg
    Terry B (Medium).jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 39
Jim,

That's the new vineyard, but there is cemetery on the grounds too :)

Ron said:
Here are some more photos taken during the Horseback ride today.? Very enjoyable ride through some very scenic country.? Thanks to Marsha and Tim for setting the ride up.

Hey Ron,

In the last picture you cut off the head!

BB

Tom said:
Good idea Jeff. Mike's will read "Partially installed without help from Terry; Come back soon to see the finished installation."

Ah, but it's up and running and out of the storage bay !!! And there's still holes to drill to run the cables through into the coach.

Betty Brewer said:
Hey Ron,

In the last picture you cut off the head!

BB

I didn't post the same picture as the one I printed out for Terry.  I was interested in getting more of the background on this one.

With heavy rain looming off of the horizon, 10 MoabRV Attendees braved sore butts, wrenched knees and dehydration to see the beautiful couintryside from the back of a horse. ?We arrived at Red Cliff Lodge it seemed like "Oh-dark-thirty" which is difficult for us retired folks when in reality it was nearly 8am. ?We had to sign our lives away agreeing not to sue if anything unforseen happeded to us; but as it turned out, that part of the morning was a waste. ?We all arrived back home safe and sound, although a bit sore.

This is also the first time I have seen Terry Brewer in long pants and tennis shoes instead of shorts and sandels.

The horses were very well behaved, except for Chris Jones' horse who didn't like Chris's jacket flapping on his fanny. ?That was our only moment of "oh my gosh". ?But we got that under control pretty quickly.

We rode up the mountain side, down into gulley washes and through canyons. ?The scenery was superb and the weather cooperated perfectly. ?

Our wranglers, explained things, picked out which horse would go with what rider and most importantely explained how to "stop" the horse to keep things in control.

Most of us thought we wouldn't walk for a week after dismounting, but a glass of wine topped of with a couple of Alieve does wonders and an afternoon nap really cinched it. ?We live to ride another day.

I've attached some shots so that the rest of you get a feel for the beatiful trail.

PS Wendy, I'm double checking this to make sure I don't forget the picture and win the "dud" award again. ;D

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
I've attached some shots so that the rest of you get a feel for the beatiful trail.

PS Wendy, I'm double checking this to make sure I don't forget the picture and win the "dud" award again. ;D

Marsha~

Whoops Duh, Where are the attachments ??? ??? ??? ???

I see anothe Duhhh award coming  ;D

Seriously Marhsa, everyone who went on the ride had a great time and they all owe you a big THANKS for you using your experience to  prescreen the horses and the wranglers and for organizing this event. I really wish I'd been able to attend. The Made my day and Helping hands awards were well deserved.

I wish I'd had my tape recorder switched on to record Ron Ruward leading the singing of Happy birthday for birthday boy Terry at happy hour this evening.

MarshaLassen/CA said:

Marsha~

Hmmmmm, I think you might want to triple check??? Fortunately, you probably wouldn't give the "duh" award to yourself.....or would you??

Sure wish I'd had the energy to brave the dark of early morning and go along. But my rear end is quite happy that I didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom