06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee just think living in the Moab or Southern Utah area would make a short trip to the Quartzsite rally as well as not being so far to get to the warmer climates. ;D

Ron said:
Gee just think living in the Moab or Southern Utah area would make a short trip to the Quartzsite rally as well as not being so far to get to the warmer climates. ;D

True but it's much further from the kids. Wouldn't bother me as much as Grandma. :) Besides I just got another raise at work. Helps more with the toys. ;D

What will you ever do if your son gets assigned to the west coast?  ??? ???  I understand the attraction to be near the Grand kids.

But Southern UT has a lot to offer.

Ron,

If Jim gets the west coast we'll just have to be sure to make the trip whenever we can. Doesn't really look like that will happen. He's been in the Norfolk area for most of his 19 years and I'm sure his next assignment will be back at the Pentagon. He's got quite a few contacts now that wear all that gold on their sleeves. ;D One of his tasks the last time he was at the pentagon was teaching an Admiral how to turn on a computer and use it. Turned out he was in charge of all the Detailers who hand out the duty assignments. ;D

Helps to know the right folks.  Just thought of the possibility.  Hope he doen't get assigned to the west coast unless he and his family want to.

Ron said:
Helps to know the right folks.  Just thought of the possibility.  Hope he doen't get assigned to the west coast unless he and his family want to.

I'm sure he doesn't want it at this time. They just built a new house last year in Stafford, VA and he's commuting from Norfolk on weekends when they are in port. He'll just have to keep on the right side of the brass. ;D

Smoky said:
Any reports on the RV Robin Williams movie?? Is it worth seeing?? How many of you went to see it?

Sam & I enjoyed it.  Probably one of the better movies released in awhile but that isn't really saying much since it seems they have a difficult time even releasing one good movie a year if even that.  The movie industry has gone to pot IMHO.  If you like Robbin Williams, which we do, you will enjoy it.  Lots of laughs.

Smoky said:
Any reports on the RV Robin Williams movie?? Is it worth seeing?? How many of you went to see it?

I thought it was hilarious. Funny, dumb, no-brainer movie...the kind I like. Not sure non-RVers would appreciate the same things in the movie that the forum group enjoyed but there was a lot of laughing from the group in the Moab theater. And I'd love to have a motorhome that could hold up like that on dirt roads, not to mention the bottom of a lake.

Smoky said:

Hi Smoky,

For me, the movie was very funny.  I enjoyed a big tub of popcorn, a box of Junior Mints and a big Coke.  In addition, the movie provided many , many laughs...  Some of which were louder than mine from our group.  Like Wendy says, I think you need to be an RVer to enjoy it the most and we all hope the things he experienced will Never ever happen to us.

Today we traveled from Missoula to Clark Fork, Idaho and many miles included construction which reminded me of His trip.  I felt like we were 4-wheeling in our RV.  Life is good. I think this  feel good movie had family values, a bit of romance and the thrill of travel all in one entertaining movie.  We paid $5.00 each, (senior rate) and it was worth every bit of that in my opinion. But I am easily pleased!

Betty

Betty Brewer said:
Hi Smoky,

For me, the movie was very funny.  I enjoyed a big tub of popcorn, a box of Junior Mints and a big Coke.  In addition, the movie provided many , many laughs...  Some of which were louder than mine from our group.  Like Wendy says, I think you need to be an RVer to enjoy it the most and we all hope the things he experienced will Never ever happen to us.

Today we traveled from Missoula to Clark Fork, Idaho and many miles included construction which reminded me of His trip.  I felt like we were 4-wheeling in our RV.  Life is good. I think this  feel good movie had family values, a bit of romance and the thrill of travel all in one entertaining movie.  We paid $5.00 each, (senior rate) and it was worth every bit of that in my opinion. But I am easily pleased!

Betty

Betty:

WE AGREE!!!

I am interested in attending the 2007 rally in Moab.  Especially since I am only 100 miles from there.  How can I get info as to what goes on at the rally.  Are there any additional costs besides the RV site?  I would appreciate any information I can get.

Utmtman,

There usually are no additonal costs other than the various dinners out on the town! The campground is the Portal RV park but you best get reservations NOW! Most likely it is full but they do have an overflow boondocking field. Even then it is worth the trip!!! We have missed the past two years and only hope we can get a spot for the next one. It is an event not to miss. As you obviously must know, Utah is not a place to miss! There usually is a pot luck dinner at which everyone brings their unique dish. I am sure you will not be disappointed in your attendance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom