06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before departing Portal RV Park I reviewed the reservations for the 2006 28 April - 07 May Moab Rally.  Following are the site numbers and attendees as well as reserved dates as of the  morning of 11 May 2005.  Annie indicated that if anyone wants to come in a couple days earlier than their reservation they can park in the field until their reserved site is available.  Also as of 11 May there is one partial hookup (Water and electric) site left that is available.

1.  Fitzgerald -  26 - Apr - 07 May                                      15. Dobrins  -    28 Apr - 07 May

2.  Bullock -    28 - Apr - 07 May                                        16. Thomas -    28 Apr - 07 May

3.  Brewer -    26 Apr - 07 May                                          20. Underhill -    28 Apr - 07 May

4.  Ruward -    26 Apr - 07 May                                          21. Lundquist -  01 May - 07 May

5.  Sharp  -      28 Apr  - 07 May                                        23. Myers -        28 Apr - 07 May

6.  Mahoney -  28 Apr - 07 May                                        24. Lassens  -    28 Apr - 07 May

7.  Reiter  -      28 Apr - 07 May                                        25. Cousins    -    28 Apr - 07 May     

8.  Jordan -      28 Apr - 07 May                                        27.  Alexander -  27 Apr - 07 May

10. Marabito  -  28 Apr - 07 May                                        29. Knight  -        28 Apr - 07 May

11. Woods -    26 Apr - 07 May                                        30. Weimert -      30 Apr - 07 May

12. Miller  -      28 Apr - 07 May                                        31. Pennings -      30 Apr - 07 May

13. Lynch -      28 Apr - 07 May                                        34. Jasen -          30 Apr - 07 May 

14. Jones -      28 Apr - 07 May                                        36. Lawerance-  30 Apr - 07 May

AlGriefer said:
Judy & I will be there!

Please let me know if a full hookup site becomes available!

Thanks!

Call Annie at Portal RV Park 1-800-574-2028 or E-Mail at [email protected] and make reservations.  When yo get your site nbr let us know.  Looking forward to seeing you.  I'm sure you will enjoy the Moab rally we always do.

Al

Glad to hear you'll both be at Moab. Lots of stuff to see and do in and around Moab. Check out our photo albums - click Photos in the toolbar and select Moab 2005 rally/ Also, the TJNCJ shakedown cruise 2004 album has a few pics of the easier 4WD trails. One caveat - Betty and Chris will get you involved in the talent show and might even get you dressed up (see the photos). Come to the Halloween cruise and Chris will give you a dress rehearsal  ;D

AlGriefer said:
Please let me know if a full hookup site becomes available!

FYI nobody on the forum can make reservations or keep track of when sites become free. All this is handled by Annie at Portal RV Park and Ron merely summarizes the info for rally attendees from what Annie tells him. If you have a reservation and have expressed a desire for a hookup site, Annie will have you on an upgrade list. She might even have to move you around a couple of times because different sites might become free on different days. But she goes out of her way to accomodate us.

With the addition of Al Griefer the following is the list those with registrations for attendance of the Moab rally 2006 and their present sites

1.? Fitzgerald -? 26 - Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?15. Dobrins? -? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May

2.? Bullock -? ? ?28 - Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 16. Thomas -? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May

3.? Brewer -? ? ?26 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 20. Underhill -? ? 28 Apr - 07 May

4.? Ruward -? ? ?26 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 21. Lundquist -? 01 May - 07 May

5.? Sharp? -? ? ? 28 Apr? - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?23. Myers -? ? ? ? 28 Apr - 07 May

6.? Mahoney -? ?28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?24. Lassens? -? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May

7.? Reiter? -? ? ? 28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?25. Cousins? ? -? ? 28 Apr - 07 May? ? ?

8.? Jordan -? ? ? 28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?26.? Al Griefer? ? ? 01 May - 07 May

10. Marabito? -? 28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 27.? Alexander -? ?27 Apr - 07 May

11. Woods -? ? ?26 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?  ?29. Knight? -? ? ? ? 28 Apr - 07 May

12. Miller? -? ? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 30. Weimert -? ? ? 30 Apr - 07 May

13. Lynch -? ? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 31. Pennings -? ? ? 30 Apr - 07 May

14. Jones -? ? ? ?28 Apr - 07 May? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 34. Jasen -? ? ? ? ? 30 Apr - 07 May?

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 36. Lawerance-? ?30 Apr - 07 May

A couple of nights in the field won't be too bad Al and Annie will do what she can to get you upgraded between now and then. We also get folks who drop out and their site becomes free (still has to go through Annie though).

Tom, Ron
    From Jim-488
    Just called Portal RV Park to reserve for Moab Rally. Talked to a lady that said that Annie was not there, and indicated she was left the camp. This lady said she didn't know any thing about RVFORUM, however i told her it was for April 06. After a while she said , oh there is some for April.
    Anyway, we reserved for the rally. We are out in the field, don't mind boondocking because we boondock out in the south west at different places. Like out in the open.
    Jim and Marilyn Linger    ( Jim-488 )

Thanks Jim. Maybe one of us should call Portal to ensure everyone's reservation is intact, especially if Annie and her husband are no longer owners and our reservations were all taken without their normal deposit. OTOH maybe they just get out of Moab this time of year and leave the park in the hands of a helper or relative. IIRC Annie doesn't put them in the computer until after the new year and meanwhile keeps a folder of paper reservations.

I just called Portal RV Park and talked to Carol.  She has confirmed our reservations are in the computer.  Annie and her husband had to return to North Dakota to care for aging parents.  The new managers are Dan and Laura Bell.  All looks good for the Moab 06 rally.

Thanks for the prompt follow-up Ron. Moab here we come!

Too bad about Annie's MIL. Annie was so friendly and helpful.

Ron from Big D said:
Unfortunately Ron:? Annie is no longer there.? She went back to Kansas to care for her Mother or Mother-in-law.

I know Annie and her husband had to leave to take care of aging parents,  She still calls Portal to see how thing are.  I'm sure the new managers will take good care of us too.

Anyone have a new list of who's attending the Moab rally?

I notice that we'll be there over May 5....I think we should have a Cinco de Mayo party (Mexican potluck with Margaritas??)

Ole!!

wendycoke said:
Anyone have a new list of who's attending the Moab rally?

I notice that we'll be there over May 5....I think we should have a Cinco de Mayo party (Mexican potluck with Margaritas??)

Ole!!

I have been in contact with the new managers and will be posting updated list next week.  Everything is pretty much the same.

Ron, in addition to the reserved sites, there were some folks who were going to camp in the field awaiting the possibility of a cancellation. I also talked to several folks at QZ who thought they couldn't come because all the sites were booked. I told them to call Portals and get on the waiting list.

Maybe we need a new show of hands here...

Chris and I will be at the Moab rally 28 Apr - 07 May.

I believe that Mike's and my reservation is for April 30 - May 7. We'd come earlier but I think that was the earliest we could get in because of the Jeep rally? And if I remember correctly, we're in a non-sewer hookup on the end of a row (nice for Mr Sam and certainly no more difficult than Quartzsite with no hookups at all!!).

And speaking of the jeep rally, has anyone considered moving the Moab rally earlier or later so that it doesn't conflict with the biggest bunch of people to gather in Moab at any time of the year? Not his year, I know, but maybe something to keep in mind in the future??

Wendy
Not looking to start anything................

We did move the rally dates a couple years ago and the car rally just moved their dates accordingly.  I believe it is the car club that has the week before us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom