06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron

I just got off the phone with Dan, manager at Portal RV. He had the other Jones in my slot, partly due to the fact that Annie had left paper copies of everything with only last names and they went to a new reservation system. When the info was entered into the computer it automatically assigned all 3 "Jones" reservations to the other guy.

Dan said he received your email, but requested that everyone call in to confirm their reservations and to give him (or Bonnie) their full information (address, phone number, email). For folks calling to confirm, the number is 1-800-574-2028. Their winter office hours are 8.00-9.00am and 2.00-4.00pm Mountain time.

I locked my reservation in with a credit card and have received a confirmation email.

FYI Dan told me that, because of the new reservation system, he doesn't have the leeway that Annie had with respect to giving a group discount, so there is no group discount. The only discount will be either AAA or Good Sam.

I sent an email with the requested information.  Hopefully, that will be sufficient.

I wouldn't know Ned. I was merely passing along a message. I got the distinct impression that reservations aren't locked in unless guaranteed by credit card, which is why I locked mine in.

It seems that, in addition to new managers and a new reservation system, Portal RV has new owners. So, folks shouldn't assume that any verbal agreement they had with Annie has any standing. The new managers are doing their best to pick up the pieces, but all they had to work with were some pieces of paper with incomplete information.

From the Portal RV site:
Rates from $24 to $27 per night for one or two persons; additional persons (over 11 years old) $3 each.

If Dan wants to give everyone a $3 discount, just have him put in -1 additional persons; -2 for $6, etc. ;D

In your case, you should only have to pay 1/3 the regular rate as there will be 3 Joneses parked one on top of the other!

there will be 3 Joneses parked one on top of the other!

LOL Karl, not quite. There are a total of 3 sites assigned to Tom Jones and only one of them is for me.

LOL Karl, I'm not sure I'd like to experience that kind of group camping. Check out Ron's list - there are 3 sites assigned to Jones.

Our reservation confirmation form is for $168 weekly rate (which is, I think, pay for 6, get 1 free), for partial hookups plus tax for a total of $183.12

The field is $15 per night less 10% for Good Sam, AAA, etc. plus tax which is 9% so it sort of balances out.

Our 10 9 nights in full hookup site is quoted at $252.88 net.

[edit]Looks like I can't count.[/edit]

Tom,

Received an email confirmation this morning.  Same price as you for 9 nights, but I expect that is before any discounts (Good Sam, FMCA, AAA, etc.).  They didn't ask for a credit card number, just stated the card wouldn't be charged until we arrive.

Our card won't be charged until we arrive either. The price I quoted was from our confirmation email which doesn't mention any discount. Rethinking the conversation with Dan, I assume the discount will be applied when we check in.

I have just modified the attendance list by placing an * in front of names of those having Satellite internet.? Looks like even though there will only be nine satellite systems in the RV Forum group at moab we should have sufficient wifi coverage to cover the RV Forum Framily. ;D ;)

I have just talked to Portal RV Park and confirmed that sites 31 and 34 are still available for the 2006 Moab rally and being held for the RV Forum Group.  If anybody would like to attend and do not yet have a reservations please call Portal RV Park at 1-800-574-2028 this week.  Both sites have water and electric.  Please let us know when you make your reservation so I can add you to the list.

Ron,

Just for clarification, sites 32 and 33 are listed as "friends of Jones" but, as I previously confirmed with Portal and reported here, that's a different Jones (although his name is Tom also) and they're nothing to do with our group.

We have a reservation but I still don't know exactly what we will get until we get there.  We have site #9 for two nights (4/26 & 4/27) but after that Portal was only willling to commit to "the field", even though we will leave before some of you even arrive (on 5/1). Something may work out.

I suspect they do not want to commit the site to someone staying just part of the time in case there is someone who will arrive before we leave and stay thru the main days of the rally.  We will get whatever is left over when we arrive.  We don't mind conceding the better site  to someone who will get better use of it for the rally.  I have been assured we are on the waiting list for a site for the time we are there.

Wendy wanted me to post these pics of the Mountains south of Moab.
If you want to see the full rez pics you can see them on our web pages on out new web site.
http://we2rv.com/pics/P3230326.JPG
http://we2rv.com/pics/P3230327.JPG

http://we2rv.com/

Attachments

• P3230326-Sm.JPG
    P3230326-Sm.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 27
  • P3230327Sm.JPG
    P3230327Sm.JPG
    50.7 KB · Views: 22
Status
Not open for further replies.