06 Moab Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to let the Framily know first that Peg and I will not be able to make the Moab Rally.

So FHU site 12 is available. Our reservation is for 4/28 through 5/7, departing on 5/8.

I haven't contacted Portal yet.

Hi Everyone,

Our apologies for being absent for quite some time.? Our grandaughter has had some problems, so we have been running up there to help out.? Nothing serious, just helping the working parents.? I don't know how new parents do it when both work.? My son and his wife are teachers, so it's hard for them to stay home.? Also apologies for not showing up at Quartsite, we took off for the kids and got caught up in what was going on there.? Lots has been going on.? Tim got tired of full retirement so now he is working part time doing engineering consulting.? We also got a dog (puppy) that has taken nearly all my time with training.? And,....<whew> we had a Datastorm motosat put on the motorhome, so Tim can connect to the internet more reliablyand it is allowing him to work on the road.

Are plans are to make it to Moab; and I have checked with our friends, the Knights, to see if they are planning on coming.? They are not, so a full hook site reserved from April 28th to May 7 is available.? I have not told Portal RV that they are not coming.? So anyone who needs a site, let me know.? I'm not sure how to handle it; but we'll figure out something.

Other than that, not much going on here.? At the present we west of Tucson, AZ at the Western Ways RV park.

My aplogoies for not keeping everyone posted and for missing Moab.

Gary, I'm gathering from reading message that you will be at Moab?

Marsha~[br]Date Posted: March 28, 2006, 02:38:23 PMHi Everyone,

Alaskansnowbirds said:
Want to let the Framily know first that Peg and I will not be able to make the Moab Rally.

So FHU site 12 is available. Our reservation is for 4/28 through 5/7, departing on 5/8.

I haven't contacted Portal yet.

Thanks, Don!

I now have site 12 for the whole rally and have released site 26 from 5/1-8.

Al

Ron,

I don't know if you are keeping the master list updated for the Moab 2006 attendees/sites; but I just confirmed my reservation with Dan at Portal RV.  Mike and Wendy Lawrence (Coke) are moved to our friend's site since the Knight's can't make it.  So Lawrences will be in site #29 and Tim and I will be in Site #9.

It looks like we will be getting in late Friday night as we can't leave San Diego until early Thursday morning.

Marsha~

Would there be any interest in taking the Canyonlands by night boat tour and dinner during the 2006 Moab Rally?  Have heard this is a spectacular adventure. The tour includes dinner(on shore) and a light show on the canyon walls.  Details can be found at: 
http://www.moab-utah.com/canyonlandsbynight/.  If there is any interest I will check on possible group rates etc.

Ron said:
Would there be any interest in taking the Canyonlands by night boat tour and dinner during the 2006 Moab Rally?? Have heard this is a spectacular adventure. The tour includes dinner(on shore) and a light show on the canyon walls.? Details can be found at:?
http://www.moab-utah.com/canyonlandsbynight/.? If there is any interest I will check on possible group rates etc.

Count Cindy and me in if we have arrived by then.

Carl Lundquist said:
Count Cindy and me in if we have arrived by then.

Canyonlands by Night Boat tour list.

Carl & Cindy Lundquist

Ron & Shirely Marabito

Jerry & Ardra Fitzgerald

Frank & Barb Weimert

Ron & Sam Ruward

Terry & Betty Brewer

The is another full hookup site becoming available at the Moab rally this year.  If interested in a full hookup site please send me a PM.

Have added you to the list. 

Dinner starts 1 hour before departure so it appears the dinner is optional.  Fare without dinner is $39.99.

Is anyone organizing a Red Hat Tea at Moab?  I was looking forward to meeting other RH ladies at Quartzite but we were not able to make the trip after all.  I saw pictures that indicated a great turnout for the RH Tea in Quartzite.  We leave on the 23rd to travel to Moab from LA with stops in Vegas and Torrey and will arrive at Moab on the 1st of May.  I'll bring my red hat and tea cup and hope for a gathering early in the week.  Maybe Wednesday the 3rd?

Cindy Lundquist

Cindy,

I'm sure there'll be a Red Hat event at Moab. Looking forward to seeing you again; It's been a while.

There are two partial hookup sites available that Portal is still holding for the RV Forum Moab rally  one site is open 30 Apr - 7 May and the other open from 1 may through 4 May.  These sites will be held for the RV Forum until  Monday 17 April then released.  If you want to attend the 2006 RV Forum Moab Rally better call now and make reservations.  Of course as allways there will be room in the boondocking area maybe. Call 1-800-574-2028 to make reservations and identify yourselves as RV Forum members.

Cindy Lundquist said:
? ? ?Is anyone organizing a Red Hat Tea at Moab?? I was looking forward to meeting other RH ladies at Quartzite but we were not able to make the trip after all.? I saw pictures that indicated a great turnout for the RH Tea in Quartzite.? We leave on the 23rd to travel to Moab from LA with stops in Vegas and Torrey and will arrive at Moab on the 1st of May.? I'll bring my red hat and tea cup and hope for a gathering early in the week.? Maybe Wednesday the 3rd?Cindy Lundquist

Cindy,
Last year we met up with a Red Hat chapter from Moab.  The saw how much fun we were  having at our "function" and asked about a joint meeting this year.  I will post more details as they become available.  For sure bring your hat and your tea cup.
Betty

Sadly, we can't attend the Moab rally this year.  Got a call from Oregon that they needed volunteers at Cape Blanco lighhouse in May.  As we're committed to Shore Acres Garden in June we thought we may as well lend a hand.

I haven't cancelled our reservation at Portal Park, so if someone would like to go to the rally, please call the park and take over our reservation.

We're going to miss everyone, but I'm sure you'll have a great time with our without us.

Peggy & Dennis Underhill
The Brits
Now in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back