? For cat experts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DiGiacomo

We adopted a kitty cat that just wondered up and camped out on our patio last winter, ...he turned out to be unafraid and friendly, [a lot more friendly with my wife] ........we noticed that he was having trouble with one ear, so we gradually got him in the house and to the vet, .......we all became good friends while he was healing and he stayed in the house............when he was feeling good again, we let him out and free.........we were out about nine hundred bucks after some surgery and a neuter ............but we have a very big, very friendly kitty now....

Now, for the question ;).........I removed the table and booths in our bounder yesterday, so this morning I went out to start figuring out how i wanted to arrange the space.......Tiny the kitty cat,  decided that he wanted to go out with me, so decided to pick him up and try him out in the MH..........I put him on the couch and petted him for a while, then he jumped down, went back to check out the bedroom, then back up front.

when on his way from the bedroom to the front, I opened the door and he went down one step, hesitated, meowed, and eventually under the couch, where he is now, [for an hour at this time]

he seems content, and purred when I petted him......................I just wonder if he knows where he is  and is waiting to take off....... :). I guess we should have named him bounder...

We have left him alone, with door open for the last 45 minutes............

Attachments

• IMGP0015.JPG
    IMGP0015.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 58
Start the RV up and drive it down the road and within one block you will see he doesn't like it there. Cats don't handle moving vehicles well because the movement of prey is what triggers their reaction to be a hunter. Look out the window of a moving vehicle is a massive sensory overload.

That said, I live full time in my RV and I have three cats all of whom travel really well since all three have lived their entire life in the RV. They think they own the place and I am merely the chauffeur. When I drive the RV they all go hid somewhere and sleep until we arrive. Then they get out and check out all the new scenery.

I keep two litter boxes in the shower and there is never any problem with odors. I sift the boxes each day and replace the litter once a month. Feeding them and keeping the litter box clean is about five minutes per day maximum. They are sure worth the effort. And they pull their own weight. I have yet to see a mouse in my RV. 8)

I'll give him a couple of more hours or even the rest of the day, i don't know what the first part of his life was,  so I don't want to cause any mental problems ;)...........

It kind of looks to me like he is comfortable in there.........we'll see when I start it up later on.......

inscop said:
I am the farthest thing from a cat expert you will ever meet.  As a matter of fact, I only know one thing for certain about cats:

Dogs have owners.  Cats have STAFF.

A cats point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKffm2uI4dk

Bill

I guess that is why I get a kick out of cats..........

I had to have my son raise the couch, and I picked him up [with  little resistance] [he is an easy going cat]...........he just couldn't seem to figure what the heck the problem was :).......

I did start the MH up and ran it up and down the drive way and he didn't budge.............I kind of have a feeling that he has a past life as an RV'er... ;)......or someone lost him traveling through town...............anyway he is a great rescue.......

He is a "great big" cat .........i suppose up to 16 lbs..............

He just makes us want to know his priors............we know that he is very friendly and he prefers my wife ..............it seems to me that he must have been close to a nice lady in the first part of his life.............the vet estimates him to be 3 or 4........

I would imagine the he would go in the MH with no problems, but, what happens when they run out the door at the lake :-\..............His RV days are over  ;)

I have two cats here. Amber, was in the wild, about 7 weeks old, when she wandered into my office, She found some food, clean water and then I brought her home, where she found even more better tasting by her standards food, We segregated her from the existing house cat till the vet could vet her (next day) Evicted her ear mites and let her loose in the house.  When the existing house cat passed on (Renal failure, we knew it was coming) We got Alex, he was obtained at great expense and many miles driving from the Michigan Animal Rescue League.  (over an hour round trip).

Took 'em about 10 minutes to go from arched backs and straight tails to sleeping together on the cat bed (note, both are ... "Fixed" as they say).

Now Amber is the bold and dairing one, She likes to try and get out, but she knows where the food dish is and she really likes the fact that it magically fills a couple times a day.

Alex is the great big chicken cat, Runs at the sight of his own shadow.. Both have, on occasion gotten outside when we did not know it,  So what happens.

We open the door and find them waiting patiently on the steps wanting to come back in.

Back
Top Bottom