a good price on a nice coach, but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
T

TonyDtorch

it has the basement air conditioning and I thought I heard that there's some issues with that ?

What model M/H, how long? We have a 40' Tradewinds that stays quite comfortable into the mid nineties in the midwest and over 100 in Phoenix.

We have a '03 Winnebago Journey DL 36' diesel pusher with the basement air, and if I would of rented it before we bought it, I would not own it for that reason.
I did add layers of insulation under bed/above a/c-heat pump unit & did help make it bearable, but still don't like the fan noise 6"-10" under my pillow.
Other than that, we love the coach.
Hope this helps, Alan

deerwinnie said:
We have a '03 Winnebago Journey DL 36' diesel pusher with the basement air, and if I would of rented it before we bought it, I would not own it for that reason.
I did add layers of insulation under bed/above a/c-heat pump unit & did help make it bearable, but still don't like the fan noise 6"-10" under my pillow.
Other than that, we love the coach.
Hope this helps, Alan

Interesting would the noise be that much less if it was on your roof? asking as I don't know.

Jeff said:
What model M/H, how long? We have a 40' Tradewinds that stays quite comfortable into the mid nineties in the midwest and over 100 in Phoenix.

it's a 2006 National 40D and it a well priced lower mileage rig, the add doesn't give much info other than that.

So then I was looking online at a 2006 National sales brochures I saw the 40 E & F with the living room layout that I like,  and then I read that they all have a basement A/C.

I never knew that National used basement air. They take up valuable storage space and are hard to service. Then you are faced with forcing cold air upwards when it wants to go down! Very inefficient. I would look for a unit that is more conventional. Lots of choices. Do not let an asking price be your first consideration. Features and floor plan should be first. Prices are negotiable. You cannot change a floor plan. Miles is not that important unless they are extreme. If it was parked and lived in the wear and tear will be bad!

canuck, I don't know the answer to that, I do know the a/c on the class c we had was fairly noisey, but at least it wasn't directly under head/pillow, so didn't notice it as bad.. My .02

Back
Top Bottom