Minnesota or Wisconsin Mini Rallies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The way RVforum mini rallies work is......whoever is in a spot announces their location either way in advance or just spontaneously and those available show up!  Mini rallies are very informal meetings of those who connect via this rvforum.  So far I have not heard of any gathering in the area you mentioned , but announce your location and dates and desire for a mini rally and see what happens.  I  like both areas.

Great!  So if I understand correctly, when our new TT arrives we will announce our first trip location on this forum and see what happens.  Is that correct?

We stay in Milwaukee in the summer and have had many mini-rallies over the years there when forum friends were passing through the area.  There are only 2 RV parks in the Milwaukee area and a few south in Racine county.

Betty is correct.  Mini rallies can be from 2 campers up.  Where in Mn do you live?  There are a lot of forum members living in Mn and camp only on weekends and vacations. Post which camp ground you are going to, the date, which lot number you are in, how much liquid refreshment you have in the cooler, and wait for us to show.

Many of the group don't live in Mn, but we live in a wonderful area and forum members pass thru Mn often.  If I remember right, Ned was in Grand Marais last summer a while and I will be there a few times this summer.  There are many  state parks along the North Shore and other areas of Mn very interesting.  I will also be at Blue Mounds State park in mid August.

Just post where you are.

MN Blue Skies said:
Betty, 

Do you have any other advice about organizing a min rally?  Thanks much.

If you want to  " formalize" a rally you could post specific dates, the location  and phone number of the campground you wish to hold the rally and announce a few of the local attractions that might interest  potential rally attendees.  Some rally organizers get  very planned with restaurant reservations other rallies just happen as folks gather.

I see your RV is new to you.  You may also want to look up local RV Club chapters and see what they have going on.  Good Sam rallies happen all over and many choose those gathering for camaraderie.  Have fun with your new rig. By the way, I won't be  going anywhere where there is snow on the ground!

If you want to  " formalize" a rally you could post specific dates, the location

Just as a side note to Blue Skies, this then becomes a rally, not a mini-rally. Mini's usually are spur of the moment happenings (I just got in town, or I'll be there ma?ana) vs. the more planned rallies. While not hard and fast rules, this might help you with labels.

Oh, yes. Most here would say it's not "officially" a mini-rally until photos are posted here.

Kevin,

Last May we vacationed in SW Minnesota.  I left home grumbling about who in the world would go to SW Minnesota for a vacation ?!@# but it was Eric’s turn to select our destination. 

We stayed at two MN State Parks.  The first was Lake Shetek State Park which is close to Blue Mounds.  It is a quiet, well maintained State Park that has cute, newer camper cabins in case you have additional guests who need a place to stay.  People were catching walleye off the causeway to the island.  No need for a boat but they do have boat, canoe, and kayak rentals, a beach, and an interesting interpretation center.

We also stayed in a real teepee at Blue Mounds State Park.  Unfortunately we didn’t see the buffalo herd.  You might want to talk to the Park Rangers to see if they know where the herd is grazing.  We enjoyed hiking the bluffs along the southern edge of the Park.  There are many nooks and crannies to explore if you are interested in moderate rock climbing.  Since we are both professional photographer students we stopped at the Brandenburg Gallery in Luverne, MN.  We also enjoyed eating at a quirky little restaurant in Luverne that the locals call Vinny’s but the sign says Dang Good Food.  The d?cor is vintage lunchbox.  We sat at the counter and talked to Vinny while he cooked.  He is quite a character.  I asked him to select something from the menu for me.  Instead he whipped up a delicious grilled chicken breast that was not on the menu.  Vinny has hours that are convenient for him so you might want to call to make sure he is open.  His number is 507-920-5020.

While we were in the area we took a half day to go to the Pipestone National Monument and walk the ? mile Circle Trail that goes by Winnewissa Falls and the quarry pits.

So now I know why people vacation in SW Minnesota.  The only regret is that we didn’t go later in the summer so we could see the prairie flowers.  Enjoy your trip to Blue Mounds this August.

Blue Skies

Actually, I grew up in Luverne and will be going to the all school reunion and my 45th class reunion.  If you ever get back there again, on  on Hwy 75 is John and Jeanne Bowron, they raise bufffalo and you can buy meat from them which we do often.  The bluffs you talk about were originally not part of the park and we had a lot of bonfires at the base of the cliff.  A lot of the buildings in Luverne were built out of the rock that was quarried there.  I think you can find points of interest no matter where you go.  If you ever decide to head for Alexandria, give me a shout.  Lake Carlos State Park is the 2nd most popular park in Mn with Itasca being #1.

Another note.  Jim Brandenburg, also, grew up in Luverne and has purchased land by the park and is returning it to it's original prairie.  Jim now lives in Ely and you will see his photos in many outdoor and conservation magazines.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom