Where can I find a fold up ladder extension?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sluggermike

I have a Fleetwood Terra with a ladder on the back to access the roof.  I'm average height and maybe a little old, so I need a step stool to get to the ladder.  I noticed an RV parked next to mine had a ladder extension that folds down allowing access.  I've looked on line for a folding ladder extension, but the only ladders I've found are ladders you can temporally attach to your existing ladder, but do not fold up onto the permanently attached ladder.  Does anyone know where I can find one?

The only one I know of besides the removable ones with hooks is this one:
Topline Universal Assist Mini RV Camper Ladder
But I don't know if you can attach it permanently.

Honestly, if you have that much trouble getting on and off the ladder maybe it's a good idea not to be climbing on and off the roof.  My buddy who is younger than I am has trouble and if he needs something done up there myself or a neighbor is usually willing to help.  How often do you need to climb up there?

I am completely fit and able to do roofs, and I refuse. I know a person in Nevada (Gov. Kenny Guinn) who fell off a roof, and died on the spot. I'll pay a service tech who is trained to work on the roof surface to do any repairs, and/or inspections. It just is not worth the risk to me.

I bought the ladder at Camping World.  The problem is you have to take it off the ladder when you are through using it.  I'm looking for one that has a hinge on it and can be folded up into the existing ladder. 
My wife thanks you for your concern about climbing on the roof, but I refuse to pay someone to climbing on the roof of my RV to do something I am perfectly capable of do even though I have Menieres.  The only person I might consider asking to help is my son, but he has acrophobia.  My wife thinks I'm a bit of a "control freek".

A light duty folding step ladder makes a nice accessory and can be used to get a leg up on the rear ladder as well as reaching other parts of the RV when needful. I carry one of these:
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/7-double-sided-rung-ladder/20319
But they are available in shorter lengths too.

I have a light duty ladder like yours. I realy like it, but I was hopin to get a folding ladder also.  One problem I noticed with the light duty ladder is the rungs are narrow and your feet get sore if you stand  on it  too long    especially if the soles of your shoes or sandals are thin. Putting that aside the ladder is well worth the money.

Over the years, 3 people i was acquainted with died or were paralyzed and eventually died from falls from less than a Motorhome height.

None of the things they were doing seemed as risky as going up an unrated MH ladder onto a slick roof.

I've given up the idea of getting a folding ladder for the existing roof ladder, but I did find a place where I can get one.  They will even custom make ladders.  It is called Toplinemfg.com.  Thanks for all your help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom