Boy and a fishing pole

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

This young boy fishing off the dock made an interesting set of silhouettes for me.

Attachments

• #2-2.jpg
    #2-2.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 53
  • #2-1.jpg
    #2-1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 48
  • #2-3.jpg
    #2-3.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 45
  • #2-4.jpg
    #2-4.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 35
They sure are interesting. What were your camera settings and the ambient lighting conditions? (I'm trying to figure out how I'd take similar shots.)

Tom said:
They sure are interesting. What were your camera settings and the ambient lighting conditions? (I'm trying to figure out how I'd take similar shots.)
Your cameras both have an exposure compensation setting. Turn it one direction and every thing gets overly bright. Turn it the other way and things get overly dark. Another way to do it is to shoot directly into the sun.

carson said:
They almost look like SEPIA shots. Anything about that theory ?
Clearly the shots were taken near sunrise or sunset when the colors are always redder due to the filtering effect of the atmosphere.

Tom said:

Hello Tom.  The boy was back lit with the sun low in the sky.  These shots were all underexposed by 1.5 - 2 stops.  ISO 100 1/800 sec @ f9.  Here's another silhouette that I like taken on a different day.  The camera is Sony NEX6 with Sony 70-300G lens. 

Andy

Attachments

• #2-1-2.jpg
    #2-1-2.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 31
SeilerBird said:
Clearly the shots were taken near sunrise or sunset when the colors are always redder due to the filtering effect of the atmosphere.

You're right, Tom.  The colors were good for these shots and because of the lighting, shooting silhouettes seemed to be the only thing to do. 

I haven't been around the forum much lately but I always enjoy seeing your photos when I do come around.  Good going as usual. 

Andy

Back
Top Bottom