My first real try at some bird photos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Thursday Laurie and I went to the Desert Museum SW of Tucson. IF you're ever in this area, this is a MUST NOT MISS. As part of their facilities the have a demonstration of free flight of a number of different raptors twice a day. I had my camera, but wasn't really prepared with the right lens on it for catching the birds in flight. I have never made a effort in the past to do this kind of photo shoot, so here's a few of the photos I got.

If we get back to this wonderful place, I will try again with the correct lens and hopefully get some better focused photos.

Attachments

• _LAN2895.jpg
    _LAN2895.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 88
  • _LAN2900.jpg
    _LAN2900.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 70
  • _LAN2915.jpg
    _LAN2915.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 61
  • _LAN2925.jpg
    _LAN2925.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 67
  • _LAN2931.jpg
    _LAN2931.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 62
  • _LAN2933.jpg
    _LAN2933.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 71
Great shots, Chet, in spite of wrong lens, etc!  The Sonoran Desert Museum remains one of my favorite memories of our time spent in the desert.  We were fortunate enough to visit the museum twice.

You have some great shots, these guys are hard to work with as they move so quickly. This is a fascinating hobby, you will get better with practice and experimenting. Our own Seilorbird is a great resource.

That arizona sonora desert museum is AWESOME ain't it. I went there with a photo workshop. Had an absolute BLAST!!! Learned an incredible amount of photo tricks and methods. I took over 3000 pics there.

Great pics, I have a pic or two of that same owl, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom