Are there any better shades/blinds out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stella

We are nearly done with our rennovation. New floors, roof and more all finished. So now to the pleated shades...

They are original to the rig and two are unstrung.
I bought a kit to restring them and it was a total failure.  :(

I am now looking at just getting rid of them but loathe the idea of the corded ones for fear that I will be back in this position in a couple years. Surely there are now cord-free options?

We like to fully open the windows dueling the day to tethered blinds wound not be good.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

I was thinking about using fabric- perhaps even traditional curtains... How did you mount it?

I replaced our shades with MCD shades. Not cheap, but work well.  Need electric screwdriver, a LARGE long handle screwdriver, a flashlight, and a sharpie. Takes about a half hour a shade removing old one and replacing with new shade. Large screwdriver to push clip on rail, flashlight for more light, electri screwdriver to remove old clips and mount new clips.  Sharpi to mark holes for clips.  I made a video, and it is floating on the blog somewhere. 

You might have to remove a valance, but it is easy to do.

Jim

We went with MCD also. Hard on the checkbook, but we love them.

I had become quite adept at fixing the day/night string shades.  Downloaded a color coded drawing and would give copies to friends and neighbors in the parks.  Sometimes I would even teach them how to do it.  Three months after going full time I saw these were never going to work.  Drove to the MCD factory in McKinney, TX and stayed in their services lot for a week while they measured and custom made for all the windows and windshield.  It was the smartest thing I ever did for the coach.  What a difference in insulating, both hot and cold.  DW loves them because they wipe clean with a damp cloth.

I too would also suggest the more expensive route and recommend MCD Shades. We have them in our new Winnebago and they are a world apart from the Day/Night Pleated Shades we had in our Bounder.

Wonderful feedback! Thanks!
We have worked so hard to make the rv top-notch that I think I will start saving for the MCD's.

Just had the Gold series installed on the three window shades I used most.  (living and bedroom area).  Love them.  Am going to start saving for the cockpit and one other bedroom shade.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe-
Back
Top Bottom