Looking to buy a Gulf Stream Sedona

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1moretime

Hi all,

We went to the Hershey RV Show.  WOW!!  So much to see. 

I am seriously considering a Gulf Stream Sedona 32 FBHW.  Trying to get a feel for quality of unit and if owners are happy or unhappy with it. 

Also like the Cedar Creek. 

Any and all opinions are appreciated and welcome.

Thanks,

Nancy

Have not seen this unit, but the Gulfstream products have a history of poor quality, particularly in the entry level units.  I do know of 1 dealer in Jacksonville, Fl that has dropped the Gulfstream line for this reason.  Also a Dealer in St Louis dropped them for the same reason.  That's not a very good recommendation.  Can only report what has been offered to me.  In FAct the dealer in St Louis siad he sold them but sure wouldn't own one himself.

You may want to do a search on Gulf Stream and Gulfstream as I have seen it spelled both ways on the forum.  There have been some recent threads (not particularly complimentary) that you really should look at before making a decision on their products. 

I guess I will ask the magic question. What are you going to pull that trailer with?  What kind of tow vehicle do you have?

I am looking for the 5th wheel before I get the TV.  I just don't think the truck I have right now will do the job, a Toyota 2 door Tacoma :p  Frankly, I am looking for the RV, significant other's job is to find the truck, he's a mechanic.

I have heard good and bad about Gulfstream.  I just fell for this one at the show and I want to follow the good but I am scared, have heard too much bad.  I am hearing a lot of positives now about Cedar Creeks.  Any opinions on those?

Nancy

Well you all are certainly going about it right -- buying the trailer you want and then buying the tow vehicle. 

That Sedona evidently has a gross vehicle weight rating of 12,510 lbs according to the mfr.  Allowing 10% safety factor, he should be looking for a truck that has a tow rating of at least 13900 lbs.  If you all plan to tow in the mountain or Pacfic west, make that 20% and 15600 lbs.. 

The trailer has a hitch weight of 2110 lbs..  That means there is also likely a dual rear axle in your future.  We are talking a heavy duty pickup like a Ford F350 - F450 or more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom