MPG better going east?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heading east, it's down hill from the Continental Divide to the Mississippi River :eek:

Sure be glad when spring arrives and the boredom starts waning.

It sure has been a long winter.  We are going stir crazy in the north. ;D

I think it's that sucking vacuum in Washington DC that improves the fuel mileage. Things seem to go downhill faster the closer to DC you get. It's been that way for years, I doubt it will stop in my lifetime.

Ken

Try not to drive in the rain.  Plowing a hole in the air for that big box is bad enough - pushing it through air and water is even worse.  Plus the tires have to move all of that water on the road out of their way.

I think if all these suggestions were followed, including a modified version of Gary's levitation, helium in the tires. You might have to pump some fuel out of the tank daily to prevent overflow!

Bill

driftless shifter said:
I think if all these suggestions were followed, including a modified version of Gary's levitation, helium in the tires. You might have to pump some fuel out of the tank daily to prevent overflow!

Isn't that what happens if you drive backwards more than forwards?

bucks2 said:
I think it's that sucking vacuum in Washington DC that improves the fuel mileage. Things seem to go downhill faster the closer to DC you get. It's been that way for years, I doubt it will stop in my lifetime.

Ken

I bet if we all got together around the campfire with a few beers, we could show Washington how to get things solved. ;)

kjansen said:
I bet if we all got together around the campfire with a few beers, we could show Washington how to get things solved. ;)

I have attended a number such sessions in locales ranging from Quartzite to the High Sierra back country.  The only conclusion we ever came to is the need for subsidizing American brewers.  (Coors ?ber alles.)

Carl L said:
  The only conclusion we ever came to is the need for subsidizing American brewers.  (Coors ?ber alles.)

See, I knew something good would be discussed when RVers get together. I would vote for that ahead of subsidies for oil companies! ;)   

Back
Top Bottom