EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Lippert Frames still causing issues?  (Read 15809 times)

OBX

• ---
Re: Lippert Frames still causing issues?
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2016, 11:20:04 AM »
I've wondered about Lippert as well.  If Lippert frames are inherently unsafe or faulty, are there any DOT actions or findings?  Recalls?  Class action suits?  I'm hoping for the best with mine but this is concerning.

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2016, 11:29:19 AM »
Once fixed.. we got many, many Great miles out of our 29RS.

Joe

I assume you meant to say 29rL, not RS correct? We don't want to confuse your old Montana with your Grand Design. ;D
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »
I assume you meant to say 29rL, not RS correct? We don't want to confuse your old Montana with your Grand Design. ;D

YES.. 29RL.. I stand corrected  ;) ;D

Still not sure what the S in RS stands for ?.  ???

Joe
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

OBX

• ---
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2016, 02:58:51 PM »
I was thinking Rally Sport  (RS).  High speed x-country RVing!!!

BIG JOE

• ---
  • Twice Retired
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2016, 03:15:15 PM »
If we all live in fear all the time about things that could possibly happen, or break, we would never have any time to enjoy life. Find the RV you like, buy it and enjoy it. If something breaks, fix it and continue on. There is nothing you can buy that can't possibly break. If we could all learn to accept that, this would be a much happier place.

I think BobX2 purdy much sez it ALL right there?

I had a Keystone/Lippert issue. A Thor issue. A Lance issue. A Nomad issue. Fixed them... and moved on down the road.

In my 50+ years in the RV life style.. I've Seen & Heard (I think we all have ?) the issues From the Top, to the Bottom lines of RV's.

In the end (?).. Nothing is bullet proof.  It's All Good. Life is Good.

Joe

« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:22:59 PM by BIG JOE »
Joe

Tow an 016 29RS "Reflection" 5r w/Trailair pin box...with a 2012 Ford DRW, F-350, 4x4, Loaded de-Blinged Lariat CC, 6.7 Diesel.. Wife & I, Beck & Sheeka the Dogs.. And as of 5-17.. Lizzie, the Kitten in Training.

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2016, 09:54:02 PM »
The problems that were reported with Lippert were faulty grease seals in the axles they were using (still?)  Many owners complained, and a NHTSA investigation was opened. It was closed a while later with vague comments about Lippert addressing the concerns.  The problem was that the grease seals were failing, allowing the brakes, drums, and all internal parts to become coated with axle grease and become ineffective. 

The best advice I can give is to check your brake assemblies regularly, at least every 6 mos, and 3 is better. 
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
Visit our new travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchickTNG
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!

k9topdawg

Re: Lippert Frames
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2017, 01:29:30 AM »
Hello, I'm new to the site, I know that several 5th wheel RVers have had issues with Lippert chassis on their 5th wheels. Does anyone know if there has been a class action law suit against Lippert for the structure issues? I have a Forest River Wildcat and the frame structure that surrounds the king pin box ripped and the insurance company won't cover it, they say it's wear and tear BS. My coach was bought new in 2003. Any feedback would be great thank you

QZ

• ---
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2017, 09:42:22 AM »
They is another thread where I posted a short video of the assembly line process of greasing the hubs. in that video it doesn't appear that they are applying any grease to the seal lips. A rubber seal cant start out  life by running dry on a steel shaft.

k9topdawg

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2017, 09:37:49 PM »
No this is the front and back cross beams that hold the king pin box. The beams literally ripped and not the welds and the insurance co said they are not covering it. 

GVNorm

« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2017, 04:54:55 PM »
Hi everyone....especially those having lippert frame problems.  We just got our new (2 month old) redwood 5th out of lippert shop in Goshen Indiana,  can't say enough good for the entire crew. We made a u-turns out in a parking lot this week, ripped the rear spring hanger off the frame. They came to our location, made temp repairs and asked to bring it in for a retrofit. While they had it, also had disc brakes installed.  Very happy with their attitude and work preformed. Problems happen.  Anyone out there having problems might give lippert's customer's service a call in Indiana. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 04:59:09 PM by GVNorm »

Hosted by Over The Network