Anyone interested in a trip to the scenic bluff country in SE Minnesota?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just made our reservation online for site B9, May 26-31, but have to call later to work out the PA discount.  Apparently it's cash only and that's a bit difficult to do online :)

Ned. John and Carol are parked on Ric and Mary's lot.

Sue and I need to resolve our plans after Utah this spring but this sounds like fun.

Ned,

No one from Eagle Creek has responded to my email or phone messages.  Can you take a look at the campground map and help me figure out which site to select and so that I can make an online reservation?  Our new TT is 21' and we drive a Durango.  I think Eric (husband) told me the total length of everything is 43'.  That sounds long to me but I suppose by the time we count the TT, vehicle, hitch, bike rack, etc. that might be right.  For the time being I am clueless about all this.

Also, we would also like to use our new PA card so if you hear back from Eagle Creek before I do regarding the cash transaction, please pass on the info.

Many thanks for the beginners.

Use the online reservation page to locate available sites, it will prompt you for all the pertinent information.  There are several still available in the B campground which seems to be where everyone else is parking.  If I can't reach them by phone, I'll use their contact form on the web site.  They apparently only charge the credit card for one night and I assume will collect the balance less the PA discount at check in time, but I'll verify that.

I just called and of course they're closed until April 1, so I sent an email with our questions rather than leave a phone message.  I'll let you know when they reply.

Ned, 

I think I figured out the Eagle Creek campground map and hopefully reserved a site that will work for us.  I reserved B-10. 

Anyhow I have a Reservation Confirmation and I might have to wait until the campground is officially open on April 1 to figure out the PA discount and cash transaction.

When I made the reservation I noticed that some RV Forum members had indicated that they have reserved a site yet the sites they mentioned still show as available.  I hope there isn't a glitch in the reservation system.

Anyhow we will be there May 27 through May 30 on site B-10.  It looks like some people are going earlier and/or staying later.

The map now shows our site, B-9, as not available, but B-3 is shown as available.  B-6 is available, but B-5 and B-10 are not.  Becks needs to extend their reservation for that week if they want to stay in B-3.

Has this thread become too confusing for anyone else who might want to join us?  Should I start another thread with the info about the mini rally, Eagle Creek, dates, etc.  What is the protocol?

Just received a reply to my email:

Our PPA discount will be applied at check-in.  The discount is valid Sunday-Thursday and the cost is $20/site with cash payment.

That was quick :)

MN Blue Skies said:
Has this thread become too confusing for anyone else who might want to join us?  Should I start another thread with the info about the mini rally, Eagle Creek, dates, etc.  What is the protocol?

Sure, go ahead and start a new topic in the Rallies section.  Pick the dates for the rally days, even though some will be there longer or only part of the time.  I'll make it sticky when it's up.  Each of us that's attending can then post our dates and site number as a reply.

Both Becks and us need to extend our reservations. We had only reserved thru May 26. That is why our sites may appear to be available.

Now see if we can twist Jeff's arm.

I have just emailed Eagle Cliff to extend our site thru the 30th.

Sites B1 thru B8 back up to a large hill and the sites above can look over the top of us. Sites B9 & B10 area very nice sites. They are very large flat sites out in the open we have had B10 for several years. All sites are full hookup and very large sites.

We reserved B9 as B10 was not available and it looked very open for satellite.  I hope it's high enough above the river.

Sites B9 and B10 are very open for satellite. "High enough above the river" Depends on your outlook. No these sites are not high but if the river floods then none of these sites will be open. If the river should come up while we are there we would have plenty of notice to get out. We have been going there for thirteen or fourteen years on Memorial weekend and last year was the only year there was an issue for that weekend. I don't want to make you nervous but I wouldn't give it a second thought. Maybe Becks will chime in here about this. If it should flood they could relocate us to higher ground or if that is full they have another campground in Rushford (nothing fancy just kind of bare bones) they could send us. Hope this helps.

Not worried, we've been in flooded campgrounds before :)

We are trying to confirm dates but unfortunately  it is beginning to look like that is the only week our granddaughters are free for a RV trip to the Michigan shore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CampMike2270
Back
Top Bottom