Car accident in Mexico, need an RV body shop.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wind.driven

Very, Very big long shot. But I figured I'd ask and cross my fingers. Title says it all. I'm in Tepic, Mexico right now waiting for the mechanic to fix the suspension so it'll be drivable. The rear quarter of my Old Toyota Dolphin got hit pretty good yesterday. I figure if there's anywhere in Mexico that does body work on RV's, it will probably be a reasonable price.
So ya, if anybody knows anything on the subject...I'm all ears.

Los Algodones has RV painters so I would guess they would do body work. The town is a border town and famous for it's dentists. I have read of many RVers taking their car down there for a cheap paint job. Los Algodones is right next to Yuma.

I may be able to help but need more information. What is the construction material of your Dolphin? Aluminum sided or fiberglass. Any frame damage? Any body shop can do Fiberglass repairs. Do you have insurance? If another vehicle hit you then his insurance ( if he has any) would cover your repairs. You might even get a cash settlement. Your insurance company in Mexico will help in this matter. Can you post some pictures? Which direction are you headed? Is the vehicle drivable? There are a number of body guys in Mazatlan that can do the work right in your RV park.

Moisheh

moisheh said:
I may be able to help but need more information. What is the construction material of your Dolphin? Aluminum sided or fiberglass. Any frame damage? Any body shop can do Fiberglass repairs. Do you have insurance? If another vehicle hit you then his insurance ( if he has any) would cover your repairs. You might even get a cash settlement. Your insurance company in Mexico will help in this matter. Can you post some pictures? Which direction are you headed? Is the vehicle drivable? There are a number of body guys in Mazatlan that can do the work right in your RV park.

Moisheh

At the moment we are in Tepic having the suspension repaired. The axle got pushed back, just a simple loosen u-bolts and realign. No frame damage or really any damage to the "Toyota" part of the vehicle. It's pretty well isolated to Dolphin damage. The door has fallen off, the frame for the door is probably beyond repair and there's quite a bit of damage to the quarter panels on either side. Our entry step is missing altogether so you're basically looking at the ground from inside, and the water heater was sticking out a foot or more. The siding has detached from the rear on both sides. It is an aluminum sided RV, and we're heading back to Mazatlan once it is drivable. We have a lot of friends out on Stone Island that are claiming to know a guy who is talented in motorhome body work and comes to the RV park. Possibly the same guy you're talking about. However, if it is someone different I'd be happy to get some sort of contact info of the guy you're talking about. 

If we were in the States I know she'd be totaled. But our here, it's really just 1x2" pieces of wood that need framing, some cabinetry work on the inside, and some new sheet metal where it's damaged beyond a simple straightening. I'm pretty sure someone will be up to the task. Like I said, nothing is wrong with the frame/Toyota part.

You probably wont find the aluminum siding in Maz. Normally that siding is just rolls of aluminum that are put through a roller with dies. This forms the  pattern which provides some rigidity for the siding. I am sure you can find the sheets of aluminum. There are fellows who can do the work but probably not a body man. Good luck.

Well after much work, our old Dolphin is basically put back together again. The girlfriend and I have been working tirelessly to do it all ourselves. I documented it all in our blog if you're interested in some photos.
Edit: Link in signature line.

Back
Top Bottom