mattress sizes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really depends on the RV.  Mine for instance has a standard queen.  You seem to find short beds on smaller less expensive trailers, but the better ones.

My experience is that few RV mattresses are what anyone calls "standard."  When you buy linens measure not only the length and width, but also the depth because many are now thicker than previously.  I had to buy extra deep 17" pockets for our current mattress.

ArdraF

Many Queen mattresses in RV's are known as Queen Short...they are 6 inches shorter than your residential queen but will be same width...but as you go up in quality and price of trailer, most will be same as your home queen, although as Ardra stated, depth may be different.

I think you have the picture now: the answer is definitely "maybe". RVs may come with any of a variety of custom sizes, in either width or length. And some smaller ones may even have unusual corner cuts, depending on the needs of the floor plan. Mattress thickness differs too, but the same is true of home mattresses. Unusually thick or thin mattresses may present difficulty in finding sheets, especially fitted types, to match.

Air type mattresses, e.g. the Sleep Number brand, are also common in RVs, but they are usually in US standard sizes.

Back
Top Bottom