Mini Rally at Eagle Cliff Campground in scenic SE Minnesota Bluff Country

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We are at the park now and it is full but it will be empty by Monday afternoon and we will have this area to ourselves. Gary and I have plenty of firewood for the happy hours. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

We'll see you tomorrow.  We'll dawdle here in Boscobel so we don't arrive before the park clears out tomorrow.

Ned
If you want to PM me your phone number I could call you when I see that your site is empty and then it should be OK to come.

We're only 91 miles away so we'll probably get there in the early afternoon.  This way we can spend some more time with our friends before leaving here.  Do you know if the Lansing bridge is open or is it closed for construction?  If we have to go via La Crosse it will take us a bit longer.

The rally is now in its 3rd day.  We've had a happy hour each afternoon, of course, and John has built a campfire each night as well.  Yesterday 8 of us went out for breakfast in Lanesboro and some stayed in town to browse the few shops that were open.  We have had some rain showers, but not enough to dampen the rally spirits :)  Today the sun is out, temps started out a bit chilly but are headed for 80?+ later today.  The plan is to have brats and beans at happy (dinner) hour today.

The campground is very nice, and our area is all grass with gravel for the RV pads.  Although it was full over the holiday weekend, we have most of this part to ourselves this week.  This is a Passport America park, valid Sunday through Thursday.  The WiFi internet is usable, but not free, and has some strange features, like blocking secure email connections (SSL/TLS) but allowing streaming video like YouTube.

There were some photos taken and should appear here sometime (hint, hint).

Wednesday happy hour at Eagle Cliff Campground. Jeff & Sue, Ned & Lorna, Max & Eric, Gary & Darlene, John & Carol.  :)

Attachments

• 2014 MN rally.JPG
    2014 MN rally.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 52
Every rally has to have a potluck. There was lots of good food and everyone had a good time. It was also good to meet new people.
Every one have a safe trip to your next destination.

Attachments

• IMG_4271 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4271 (Medium).JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4279 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_4279 (Medium).JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 43
We pulled out this AM to make it to grandkids soccer tournament in Chicago this weeekend.

We had a great time meeting Gary and Darlene and Eric and Max and catching up with Ned and Lorna after a two year separation. Really appreciated John's help washing the Tradewinds.

Like all Forum events lots of laughs (A lot at my expense) and camaraderie.

The area was simply beautiful.

And we'll be pulling out in an hour or so.  This was a very relaxing rally with our old and new friends in a very nice campground.  I wouldn't mind coming back here for another one some day.  Hopefully, Max and Eric can get their cat back in the trailer this morning.

Eric and I had a great time at the rally.  This was our maiden voyage and it turned out to be an exceptionally wonderful experience.  Although we are newcomers to the RV Forum Community we felt right at home with everyone.  The campgrounds were very nice and the weather was beautiful.  There was a total of five couples who attended the event.  Good company and good food.  We only wish we had spent a few more days in the area but we are already planning on another rally at Eagle Cliff for next year. 

:D Five couples is perfect!  Don't get me wrong .... we enjoyed the larger rallies just as well.  The smaller rallies afforded a much better opportunity to get to know others better.  We're off the road now but we have such great memories of this splendid RV Forum group of people.  You did a great job of organizing, Max!  I'll bet you even relaxed.  :D

It was nice to be at a rally where we could learn all our new friends' names in one day.

Margi said what I was going to.  Small groups are best for new people to get to know every one better.  It becomes easier to work your way into larger groups, by already having met several others before then.  Glad you all had a great time.  Wish we could still travel that far, we would have loved it.

Daisy

George and Lucy,

The rally was in May of this year or are you thinking about next year which hasn't been set up yet?

Max, think they hit the wrong string, as they also posted the  same message in the 2015 Texas Rally next May

Ed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom