Dry weight for Class A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faith64

My husband and I have a 1994 Rockwood Bayport. It is next to impossable to get any information on them. The manufacturer no longer responds and most have not heard of our RV. We really need to find out what the dry weight of the vehicle is and what it's weight allowed is. There is no sticker on the wall telling us this. You can see where there was one..
I would apprecaite any information.  :-\
thanks

The empty weight is easy - any vehicle scale an get that for you. Cost should be $10 or less if you don't ask for a "certified" weight. Many trucks stops have scales, as do feed mills, sand & gravel yards, moving van companies, etc. They all sell stuff by weight, so usually have scales available.

If you can identify the chassis (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) under the coach and the wheel base, we can probably make a good guess on the GVWR (max gross weight). Or get the VIN and decode it - the GVWR is usually coded in it somewhere.

A 1994 vintage gas chassis motorhome is typically on a 12,000-17,000 lb GVWR chassis. I doubt if a 28 footer is at the top end, so you are probably in the 12000-14000 range.

You could search Google and find ones that are for sale and then ask the seller to tell you what the max weight or cargo carrying capacity is. or the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating is.
If this one looks like your give a call even and find out.
http://www.rvshapeup.com/usedrvdetails.php?ID=610

or there is this on ebay. might give you some info you could ask the seller if the brochure has any specs in the back of it.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rockwood-Bayport-Motorhomes-brochure-1994-/350707527293

the info is always on line sometimes you just have to dig harder for it.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks Gary that helps alot. It was an eye opener when we tried to find out information about this RV. It is almost like they don't exist. Except for the few we see for sale.
(1275gtsport) I had the same idea about asking the seller cause I was at my wits end. But my husband didn't want to bother the sellers. lol and thank you for the welcome.  :)

Back
Top Bottom