Nikon remote shutter release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AlGreg

Great Sacandaga Lake, NY.....San Benito, TX
I would like to be able to put my Nikon D60 on a tripod in my back yard and use a remote shutter release to photograph birds and other wildlife from inside my house.  Every remote that I find on the internet is an infrared remote.  These appear to be only for self portraits because you have to be in front of the camera to use them.  Is there such a thing as a RF remote for my camera so I could be on the other side of the camera looking through a window?  I could upgrade to a newer camera if that is what I need to do.

Thanks for the quick reply Jim.  The first one is made by Nikon and says it is IR (infra red) and has a range of 16 ft in front of the camera.  I do not want a self portrait. I want to be away from the camera.  The second one is the one you have, by Rocketfish.  I believe it is IR also because the camera does not have a RF receiver in it.  Maybe it will work for my purpose.  Do you use it as I intend to (behind or to the side of the camera)?  If you do, then I might give it a try.  Nikon sells  a RF kit for $699 that will work on some newer Nikon DSLRs.  It has an RF transmitter and an RF receiver that mounts to on the hot shoe.  In this case I would need to upgrade to a Nikon D5300 for another $700 or $800.  I would like to use it a minimum of 20 feet from the camera.

Satechi.  Find it on Amazon.  I bought one for my Canon 50D.  does a number functions including intervals, timer on it for long exposures.  The hand held plus the camera mount receiver can both be connected via short cord, available for just about any camera. 

I have gone through a couple of these and this is the one.  I think about $60. 

It is RF controlled, good at least 60'.

I Googled Satechi and couldn't find one to fit my Nikon D60.  They had one that would fit the D90 and most of the newer ones.  I may use this as an excuse to upgrade to a better DSLR.  The Satechi does look like it will do exactly what I want and more if I upgrade my camera.  Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom