Heat

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wscap

My wife and I are currently wintering in Ohio. Not the "normal" thing to do I know. But...with the nasty winter and rising cost of propane I found a simple solution. I went to the hardware store and bought a small Broan wall mount 120 volt electric heater. It doesn't quite heat the place on its own. But it does help enough that the furnace only kicks on every hour or so. The total cost of the unit and materials to install it were less than 110 dollars. I mounted it in the fascia board under the front of the couch. And it has paid for itself in less than 3 weeks just in the propane savings. Just a little tip from me to you if you find yourself wintering in a place like Ohio.  :)

Electric heaters are a big help if you have adequate power available to run them. We find ours useful in early summer when nights can still get cold, and in early fall. 1500 watts is a decent amount of heat in a RV.

We have two 1500 watt ceramic heaters, and after confirming that two outlets in the living area are on different circuits, we can run them both at the same time if necessary. That amounts to about 25 amps on a 30 amp service, but if you are careful to not turn anything else on, it will work. We usually find that we can turn both heaters down to low after a half hour or so.

Bill

One other thing to remember is that your RV furnace may also send heat through the basement to keep water pipes and tanks from freezing. If you solely rely on using the electric, you could be in a world of hurt if not careful. Happy camping.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom