Yellowstone Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
The annual RV Forum Yellowstone Rally will be held July 2 though July 10, 2005 at the Grizzly RV Park in West Yellowstone, MT.  Telephone number for the park is 406-646-4466.

This is posted a second time so the name of the rally shows up on the calendar.  Your calendar volunteer is still learning the program.  Sorry for any confusion.

Betty Brewer

NO WAY!!!!  I just planned a 15 day journey and it includes Yellowstone.  Furthermore, it includes WEST YELLOWSTONE..  AND LASTLY it includes the Grizzly RV Park!!  It also overlaps with this event... I log on here today for tips and looking for other RVers to get knowledge from and stumble on this post!!! How cool.  Do I need to do something to sign up?

The Yellowstone rally is a mini-rally, but nevertheless a great opportunity to meet some forum members. Phil Bullock was the first to sign up and hopefully he'll see you rmessage. If not, look at his message here and drop him a private note or email.

dneighbo said:
NO WAY!!!!? I just planned a 15 day journey and it includes Yellowstone.? Furthermore, it includes WEST YELLOWSTONE..? AND LASTLY it includes the Grizzly RV Park!!? It also overlaps with this event... I log on here today for tips and looking for other RVers to get knowledge from and stumble on this post!!! How cool.? Do I need to do something to sign up?

Nothing special required just make reservations and show up.  Ask the office which site phil is on and introduce yourself.  I'm sure you will have an enjoyable time.

dneighbo said:
Do I need to do something to sign up?

Just send $9.95 and 3 box tops to me and I'll make sure you are signed up.  ;D

Or, just tell the Grizzly that you would like to be in the section immediatly south of the office near Phil, Don and Joel.

Phil

GrizzlyRV is all sold out.  Tried to make reservations today.  Ended up going down the street instead and shortened my stay in West Yellowstone to only July 3rd and July 4th.  Am bummed won't be able to enjoy meeting new found "framily".  :-\

dneighbo said:
Ended up going down the street

Hope you don't mean to the West Yellowstone KOA. That place is a zoo.

won't be able to enjoy meeting new found "framily".

Just drive into Grizzly to see the folks.

dneighbo said:
GrizzlyRV is all sold out.    Ended up going down the street instead and shortened my stay in West Yellowstone to only July 3rd and July 4th.  Am bummed won't be able to enjoy meeting new found "framily".  :-\

Maybe we can have a forum dinner at a local restaurant Sunday or Monday evening.

Phil

Tom said:

Yes it is West Yellowstone KOA.  I didn't want to alter my other plans and already am doing 3 days of dry camping inside Yellowstone, so need a place with hookups.  Seeing how it is for July 3rd and July 4th I took the first place I found with hookups (not knowing any better).  If there is some where better to stay let me know (I will gladly eat a $5 reservation fee to stay some where nicer). That is bad thing about going to new places.

I avoided making reservations for my trip, but got nervous being a holiday weekend so made reservations only for the time around the 4th...

I was torn between Jackson and Moran in the Tetons.  Ended up reserving a KOA at Jackson.  Is it a belly up too? 

The dry camping in Yellowstone will be at West Thumb Junction.

On that note what is a good park in Moab, UT?  As we will be passing through there on way home.

Tom said:

Tom,

Everything around West Yellowstone is a ZOO on a holiday weekend.  ;D

Phil

dneighbo said:
If there is some where better to stay let me know

That KOA and Grizzly are the only two places I know of. The KOA is expensive and very crowded. There were just too many kids running around when we were there, and I was concerned that someone was going to get hurt, especially since they allow motorcycles to run rampant around the park.

what is a good park in Moab, UT?

Portal RV Park is a great place to stay and the owners are very pleasant to deal with. http://www.portalrvpark.com/

Try  Rustic Wagon RV Campground and Cabins on west end of town. Haven't stayed there myself but it's recommended as a "best shot for a campground" in the Zumbo's book "100 Miles Around Yellowstone.

We were going to try to make the rally but our daughter and family will be in Jackson 4th week so we're going to be in Grizzly 6/22-6/29 and then move down to Grand Teton RV Resort for the 4th. Called today and got last slots at both places.

BTW, via the east entrance to Yellowstone thru Cody, expect 30 minute delays due to road construction in the park and a one lane road. Right now there's no pavement for about 11  miles and with afternoon tstms, it can be pretty messy.

dneighbo said:
If there is some where better to stay let me know (I will gladly eat a $5 reservation fee to stay some where nicer).

The KOA is ok but out of town a few miles.  The Rustic Wagon 406-646-7387 and the Wagon Wheel 406-646-7872 are in town and ok.  I have stayed at all three places before the Grizzly opened.  I like the Grizzly best but, it's very popular and requires a reservation on most weekends.  I think the Grizzly is the most expensive also.

In Jackson Hole, I like the Colter Bay RV Park for full hookups and the adjacent NPS campground for dry camping.

In Jackson Town, I stay at the Virginian RV campgound behind the motel.

Phil

Back
Top Bottom