'06 Dodge Ram powerful enough?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ara

The truck is a 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually. It has the 5.9L diesel Cummins motor. It has the Big Hoss Bundle from Banks ($3500 kit) installed, that an exhaust, intake, 6 gun tuner, and a huge intercooler, (probably forgot something). My question is, does anyone know where to find the gear ratio, and if you think this is enough to haul a 2007 Keystone Raptor 3612 with 2 slides??

More than enough even stock.  If you have the 48RE automatic, be very careful.  All those add ons if used improperly will kill your automatic in a hurry.  Great transmission, but does not play nice with added power.

There is a sticker inside the glove box on the door that will have the rearend ratio on it. As said above, the stock motor has plenty of power to handle your unit. Changing the motor without beefing up the transmisson throws a lot of strain on it that it wasn't designed for.

From the description, you appear to have ample power for going.  I'd worry a little about stopping if I were you.  Does it have an exhaust brake?  If not, invest in one.

Back
Top Bottom