California Mini-Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tim & Jan

Totally unplanned for us, but workable.  Phil happened to check our website, noticed we were traveling west and said he would be in California the middle of September.  We were on our way to visit our son in Sonoma and then moving down to Simi Vallely to visit friends there. It was easy to adjust our stay to include meeting Phil and Doris.  Many of you probably recognize the beach, it's at the Santa Monica Pier.  We stayed in Santa Paula, Phil and Doris were in Ventura a short drive away.  Fires were burning North of us, we had a lot of smoke.  To get away from it Phil took us on a Pacific Coastal Drive from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica over the two days that we were together.  It was a fun time for all of us for a couple of days.  Nice surprises happen through the Forum.  Today we head towards Arizona to settle down for awhile.

Attachments

• Ventura01.jpg
    Ventura01.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 34
Hi Tim and Jan,

Well, if we weren't having to extend our trip by two weeks, we would be passing through about now down where you are.  Instead we are still sitting in Edmonton waiting for our replacement windshield which is supposed to come in tomorrow....{aaarrrggg}

I thought of you guys yesterday.  Jan, last night we had "fried bologna" sandwiches and I remembered our conversation about your visit to Tiffin..... ;D

Marsha~

MarshaLassen/CA said:
"fried bologna" sandwiches - Marsha~

Oh wow....fried bologna sandwiches with pickles and mustard on white bread....my all time favorite growing up. Almost makes me want to go back to eating red meat.....almost.

Marsha,

Sorry to hear about the bird episode, hope you get out of there soon.

Yep, fried bologna sandwiches, life is good.  I think you have to go to Red Bay and the Coon Dog Cemetery for the complete treat.

As you travel south, check the internet for fire information.  So Cal as of today has at least three large fires going.
We have watched with interest as we are not familiar with forest fires, in the midwest tornadoes were our biggest worry.

Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wendy,

Your note made me think about sliced onion and mustard sandwiches on white bread, many years ago.  Don't think my stomach could take them today.

Jan

Tim & Jan said:
Wendy,
Your note made me think about sliced onion and mustard sandwiches on white bread, many years ago.? Don't think my stomach could take them today.
Jan

Onion and mustard on white bread, my mom's favorite sandwich....she tried to get me to eat them as a kid and I thought she was nuts. Now I know better, especially when you can use those wonderful sweet onions that are around (Vidalias, Walla Wallas, Maui, Texas Sweets.....yum).

Wendy and Jan.....now you've tickled my memory.  I used to eat small sweet green peppers sliced (not bell peppers) with  lettace on white bread smothered with butter.  Makes my mouth water to think about it.

Jan, I have been to Red Bay and Coon Dog Cemetary...just not while eating a fried bologna sandwich.  I did remember to cut the edges so that the bologna didn't roll up.  :p

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom