1999 American Eagle 40 Hot Water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

supercop29

I have hot water at the sink in the back of RV, the shower was just warm water and the water flow was way less that the cold water side. The sink has good pressure on hot and cold but the water heater is under the sink, there is a on off switch to left of sink, also there is a switch in the kitchen for hot water. This brings me to a question is there 2 heaters or does both switches control same water heater.
I'm wondering if the shower water control needs to be replaced because of build up and maybe stopping hot water side up. Which would cause no or little hot water coming out in shower.
Any knowledge would be great.

Generally you can turn on either switch to turn on the water pump.  There probably is also one in the utility bay.  You can turn off either switch to stop using the water pump.  Normally one water heater supplies the needs of all faucets.

ArdraF

There is one water heater but you have two water heater switches - one for electric mode and one for LP gas mode. You can use either or both at the same time. In my 2004 American Tradition, the kitchen switch is for gas and the bathroom switch is for electric.

You could have a problem with the shower valve - single handle "mixing" faucets can lose either the hot or the cold side. They can be rebuilt (usually just new rubber seals inside). Since flow is reduced on the hot side, that's a good bet.

You can also have this problem if the faucets for the outside shower are on but the water is turned off at the spray nozzle. That allows hot and cold to mix through the faucet, cooling the water in other faucets downstream from them (usually shower and galley). Usually, though, you would still have full flow in the shower - just not very hot.

Back
Top Bottom