First nights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Usand2boys

Hi all - Im picking up our trailer next weekend. Im in Columbus Ohio and looking for someplace to go thats close enough that I'm not so far away from home that if towing stresses me out that I'm not beside myself getting home. Any suggestions for places to go close by (within a couple hours) the last week of march?? Are we asking too much to go that week?

Thanks

Have you ever pulled any trailers before and what is your tow vehicle?  Take your time, stay out of as much traffic as possible.  Four lanes are nice in that if you go slower in the right lane others can pass.  Don't know a lot about Ohio, but I would head for Hocking County.

Jeep grand cherokee (diesel) rated at 7200lbs. My trailer dry weight is 5600 and yes i have a weight distributing hitch. Hocking is nice but not a lot to do besides the great outdoors which for me is fine but for the family they need a little more brain exercise.

From a google search, here's a list (with map) of campgrounds "around Columbus". I didn't check out distances although my search criteria was "within 50 miles", nor do I know which might be open late march.

Back
Top Bottom