atwood furnace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

574rvman

Good morn, I have a Atwood furnace 8525-111 that will fire up for about 20 seconds and then the flame goes out then will fire again and so on? the blower keeps running but it wont stay lit. I'm thinking about replacing the board but before I spend the money I was hoping to get some advise first. thank you for helping
regards john k

YOu more or less described what mine did and yes that was the solution,, I went with a Dinosaur board which I highly recommend, very high quality, and a much lower price.

However: I tested all other suspects before laying out just over a hundred bucks on that dino board.. That included heating the flame sensor with an alternative heater and measuring it's output voltage (which exceeded spec by the way).

That usually indicates that the flame sensor is not reporting that the burner lit, so the control board shuts the furnace down because it thinks gas is escaping unburned. That usually means a corroded wire between the flame sensor and the circuit board, but once in a while its the board itself.  See my Furnace Troubleshooting Guide in the Forum Library for more details.

Great info, thank you for taking the time to respond. when I fix it I will post it so that others can use the info :) :) :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom