Hairdresser on the road

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leataylor65

I am looking for some thoughts on an idea.  My husband and I are in the early stages of getting ready to full time.  It would be nice to make some extra money while on the road.  I am a hairdresser and have looked in to a completely portable set up that I could basically put at our campsite, more or less under a 10x10 pop up, but would have shampoo bowl with hot/cold running water, hydraulic chair, the works.  If I did this and accepted a recommended donation of say $10 for a haircut and $20 for a pedicure (did not actually charge) do you think that: 1.  Other campers would use the service.  2.  Would a campground be okay with someone setting this up?  I am kind of thinking whether I have a lawn chair or a hydraulic chair sitting at my campsite is shouldn't matter, lol.

Any thoughts you have will be greatly appreciated!

Forget the donations angle, it is a business pure and simple and you won't fool anyone with that scheme. Many RV parks have an onsite beautician, but in every case it is a legit business. You need to have a legitimate address, a business license and the approval of the park manager. Otherwise you are wasting your time.

Thanks for the info!  Not trying to "scheme" anyone, I was just thinking of the being licensed in one state to do hair, you can't go set up shop in another state without getting the license from that state.  Just like any license, it's done by state, not nationally.  My thoughts were more on the lines of if I am in New Mexico and have an Illinois license how that would work.  I don't have issue making it a legit business, just haven't looked far enough into it, I guess I was wondering as much as if this was a service that people would take advantage of as much as anything. 

I appreciate your input.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom