Nursing jobs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
New to forum, wanting to take the plunge to full time in about 18 months but need to work 20-30 hrs a week for the 6 months we will be in AZ. Anyone else done this and how do you find seasonal RN jobs?

I've run into several people doing this but I'm not sure where they get the jobs.
I guess there are agencies that specialize in this kind of thing.

I've heard talk of traveling nurses, there are agencies. Pretty sure they want experience or degrees for critical fields of nursing.

That all I know, have had nurses in my circles of friends. Knew one briefly, very good money in it, compared to the what the full time employee nurses make. Per diem and all.

Bill

Sent you an Personal Message with a link to a good company.
We wish you well in all your adventures!

-Trevor & Roni

Personally, with your skills that are surely in demand in the area you plan to go to, I would apply in person at each acceptable employer, thus avoiding paying an agency a cut of your wages.

I am trying to locate my friend and ask her which agency she used. I lost her phone number and she doesn't do internet (yeah... I know, some folks don't!) I was thinking her agency was Cross Country Nurses. She took temp assignments all over America and was paid well with housing allowances and relocation fees. She wanted to see America and had a blast doing it. She felt the agency fees were well worth it because they set it all up for her.

How would the licensing work? Do nurses need a state license for each state they work in?

Actually there is reciprocity between Wisconsin and AZ so you do not need to apply for another license, some states do require a separate one tho!
One would think nursing jobs would be plentiful especially in the south in the winter, I suspect I will try applying at different locations to see what is out there, I also don't want to go with agency if I don't have to. Travel nurses typically work hospitals and as I said before, I have been out of that arena for about 12 yrs so would hesitate to jump back in. I suppose I am looking for a dream job, 20-30 hrs a week in a clinic or possibly urgent care or triage setting Nov-April!! There are lots of jobs that are part time but they want someone all year! I could always quit in the spring but that feels so dishonest! Should I be upfront on every application and state my desire to only work 5 months out of the year, or get a job and then hope I can convince them to let me leave each spring and come back!? So conflicted, I would hate to ruin a good chance by stating I only want seasonal! 8)

I don't think you'd have any problem just being honest and telling them what you're looking for.
The clinics are so flooded with snowbirds in any state with a decent temp in the winter, I'm sure they'd be falling all over themselves trying to get you signed up with them.

If you have any problem though, I'd reconsider an agency. They already have a list of healthcare facilities with open positions and the nature of most is for part-time and temps I would think.

Good luck and let us know how you make out!

-Roni

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom