Cool gadget for Jk's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captsteve

I had a tuner for my old challenger and checked to see if it would do anything for my JK. Well I was pleasantly surprised! It offers 6 tunes including a Mileage Booster and a Crawler tune. But it will allow you to adjust your tire size for the speedo (The dealer can only adjust to 31's) and you can turn down the alarm pressure for the TPMS as well as tons of other things.

Check it out:  http://diablosport.com/product-search.html#trinity1_

I had a custom tune for my 13' Challenger, I really liked the service I got from DiabloSport. I think that for the Jeep, my Trinity will be great!

John, prior to your RIPP install what did you find most useful on the Diablo tuner? I find the Superchip Flashpaq does not cover my gear/tire combo (2.88/33) for speedo adjust. Would the Diablo? Did you find an engine tune that was beneficial? Any help with the early OD engagement?

From previous experienceonmy challenger, you could adjust the shift points to a certian extent and torque management as well as throttle sensitivity.  If you use one of the performance tunes they provide it will help with overdrive coming in too soon.

I found that the diablo stuff gives you more options and adjustable parameters.

Thanks Steve. The later model cars offer more programming due to more
Computerization. I am curious about John's experience since he has the same engine/transmission as I do, and both could be considered vintage by current automotive automation standards.

SVTotem said:
John, prior to your RIPP install what did you find most useful on the Diablo tuner? I find the Superchip Flashpaq does not cover my gear/tire combo (2.88/33) for speedo adjust. Would the Diablo? Did you find an engine tune that was beneficial? Any help with the early OD engagement?
Bill - I only loaded a custom tune for the supercharger but I did play a little with the stock tune - as far as I could tell nothing I did had any effect (like tire size.)  I don't think there is much that's user adjustable in the pre-2007 PCMs.  I wouldn't spend a dime on a tuner for a pre-07 Jeep.

Back
Top Bottom