Good Sam Samborees - Does Anyone Attend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friends who came to see me in Montana broke down south of Billings. Since they had Good Sam ERS, they called them. GS wanted to send a small wrecker. My frinds have a newer Bluebird- 52,000 pounds worth. They had to argue with GS about what they needed to get brought into Billings. Upon hearing all that I subscribed to Coachnet. Ernie- drivving an older Wanderlodge

I'm impressed by all the responses on this. One thing I forgot to mention is that wife and I have absolutely no interest in shows and have passed through Branson without stopping the 3 or 4 times we have gone through there over the years. We just don't have any interest in that sort of thing, preferring instead to attend nature lectures and enjoy scenery.

We have recently attended two FMCA rallies, returning home just yesterday from one with the River City Travelers out of San Antonio. We had a great time at the Buck Horn Lakes RV Resort outside Kerrville. Lots of nice people, good food and fun entertainment. And you couldn't beat the price. Our $37 site was specially priced at $25 a night as a rally participant and the entertainment charge was only $35 a person. That covered a burger cookout on Thursday, breakfasts Friday and Saturday, and dinner catered by Buck Horn on Friday and Saturday. On Saturday we also had a Mexican theme party/dance with a five piece Mariachi band followed by dancing to a fellow who played keyboard and sang. I don't know who paid the entertainers but suspect it was the wagon master. We're looking forward to the next outing.

Coach Net is probably the best of all of the roadside service providers

I have had Camping World Road Service for about 10 years and had very few small complaints.  Hearing so much about CoachNet, particularily their technical advice, I just changed to them.  Just prior to this trip I had a new thermostat/temp controller installed and since it was a 5 button compared to the old 4 button they had to install new boards in each a/c.  The first time I tried to turn the furnace on there was no option for the furnace.  Since it was at night and I was not able to get in touch with the installer,  I called CoachNet in order to speak to the technician figuring that it had something to do with the new install and he could probably help me.  After giving the receptionist all the info she said he would call me right back.  In a few minutes she called me back and said that the tech said he could not help me and to call the manufacturer.  He would not even come on the line in order to confirm what my problem was.  Needless to say, I called the next day and discussed it with one of the supervisors.  The problem, by the way, was the dip-switch on the board on the front a/c was not selected for the furnace.  Took all of two minutes to correct it.  So I am not all fired up about CoachNet.   

Thanks for all the info we are members of the FMCA but have not looked into their rallies I will do so now and see if their may be some that we would be able to attend.

Colleen

colleenfl said:
Thanks for all the info we are members of the FMCA but have not looked into their rallies I will do so now and see if their may be some that we would be able to attend.

Colleen

If you stay in FL, there is an Area rally at Brooksville in January. It is one of the larger and better of the FMCA-Area rallies, probably about 2,000 coaches and many vendors and seminars. If you are heading west right now, the Rocky Mountain Ramble is next month in Casa Grande, AZ (about 500 coaches) and the Western Area is in Indio, CA (Palm Springs area) in early January, on par with Brooksville.

They've found us again, grrr! Yes, Good Sam junk mail has started showing up in our mailbox again. Based on past experience, I have no doubt that this stuff will continue to appear in my mailbox for an indefinite period and nothing I do will influence that. Apologies to folks who might think this is "Good Sam bashing", but I really detest receiving their unsolicited junk.

Maybe the folks who report they no longer receiving Good Sam's junk are GS members and GS does not need to send "special membership" offers to their members  ???

Tom,

We have adapted a policy for folks that spam our mail box including Good Sam.  I carry a list of these spammers and their 800 numbers.  When ever I pass a pay phone I take time to call the 800 Numbers and explain to them why and make not that I will continue to do this until I no longer receive mailings from them.

The quickest action I got from GS was when I called Sue Brey, she won't accept phone calls anymore, and announced that we had hung a banner on the coach that stated "Boycott GS Affinity junk mail generators" and that the banner was going to remain until the junk mail was stopped.  The mail stopped for a while but has started again so I just call GS 800 numbers from pay phones now to complain.

At QZ I got a quote from GS for extended warranty on the condition they not use my address to mail me a quote. The woman agreed and printed out the quote but I ended up with 3 more months of GS spam. Finally got it stopped for the second time (4 phone calls) so will probably be due again next spring. I had renewed for three years last Spring so will be using GS for a couple more years. Unfortunately we still save far more in cg discounts than the dues cost at parks that do not accept other clubs discounts.

Unfortunately I still reciev their junk from 8 yrs ago. ?Now as I did yesterday, Open it get the return envelope ?put the entire contents into it with note to shove your ads where the sun don't shine and mail it back to them. ?Let them get rid of their Crap.

We haven't received any junk mail from Affinity Group in years.  We asked them to flag our account as no mail and that solved it.  All we get is Motorhome magazine.  They even forgot to mail our GS membership renewal one year :)

Called the GS customer service number and asked them to flag the account.  I know others have had some success doing the same thing, so the account flag is there.  We wern't hostile, just explained that we were fulltimers and had to pay to forward all of our mail.

Since we don't have "an account" with GS, how could they attach a flag to it  ???

These folks are predators as far as I'm concerned. No other organization is so persistent in finding us and filling our mailbox, except maybe the Capital One folks.

Shayne said:
Open it get the return envelope  put the entire contents into it with note ...

That was my plan with the latest mailing Shayne, although it hasn't worked in the past. I thought I'd make another impassioned plea, but there was no return envelope  :(

Ron,

I gave up on Sue Bray years ago. Didn't know she was still with the organization.

Using their 800 nbr to call them cost them more than the postage they put on the junk mail since they get charged for the pay phone call. ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awiltzius
Back
Top Bottom