We visited Ron & (Sam) Donna Ruward today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chet18013

Full time in RV. Home is where we are parked
Today while Ernie was working on the floor of our coach, we took a drive to Roanoke, TX and saw Ron and Donna Ruward. We went to the nursing home where Ron is now staying and had lunch and a very pleasant visit with Ron & (Sam) Donna. Both are looking good and have settled into the daily routine. Donna visits him every day.

Considering the circumstances, both are in very good spirits. Ron enjoyed being brought up to date about the RVForum and our activities. He fondly was recalling many of his past contacts with forum members and misses being able to attend the rallies of the last 4 years.

If any of you are in the Ft. Worth area, it would be the high point of Ron's day, week or month, if you would make the effort to stop and see him and Donna. You can contact me via PM to get the details on how to get in touch with Donna. They miss their RVForum Family.

Attachments

• IMG_1150.jpg
    IMG_1150.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 80
Chet and Laurie, I'm so glad to hear you visited the Ruwards!  Yes, they both look great.  We also encourage their old friends to stop by when near the Fort Worth area.

ArdraF

Ron and "Sam" were both pillars of our RV Forum Framily for many years. We (I) miss Ron's unshakeable position (aka opinion) on many things, and Sam's hospitality in addition to her leading off-road trips.

If Ron were still in his old job at Boeing, I'm sure he'd have some advice for Malaysian Airlines right now. He helped/advised many commercial pilots and airline executives. I enjoyed his "airline & pilot advisory" stories.

We miss him so much.  He was opinionated but had the purest heart.  He would stop at nothing to help you if he felt his expertise was needed and he could provide the answer to whatever problem you might have.  And Sam ... Lovely Sam ... now insisting on her real name of Donna, but she will forever be in our memories as Sam.  What a talent!  What a graceful lady!  What a smile! 

Chet, thank you for visiting and posting.

Ron offered to let me run an extension cord over his full hookup pedestal at Qz.

And we had a delightful visit in Lewistown.

And many other great memories.

Joel

Attachments

• Ron's Full Hookups.jpg
    Ron's Full Hookups.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 40
  • 14 Sam Camp, Lewistown, MT (Small).JPG
    14 Sam Camp, Lewistown, MT (Small).JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom