Bedroom slide switch - intermittent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill N said:
Thank you so much Chris.  I have been trying for two months to read those diagrams and figure all that out.  I know for sure that the wires are yellow and white and you are correct in that the other lamps share the same circuit and work fine.  So now I will go snooping around the head of the bed - take the mattress off and see if we can locate that two pin connnector.  Again thanks very much.

Looking at things some more, if the two overhead reading lamp fixtures are in the slideout itself, it's possible that 2-pin connector is actually in the overhead of the slide, which would be consistent with your seeing the wire going up rather than down.  Perhaps removing the rear-most ceiling fixture would give you access to the connector?

cbeierl said:
Looking at things some more, if the two overhead reading lamp fixtures are in the slideout itself, it's possible that 2-pin connector is actually in the overhead of the slide, which would be consistent with your seeing the wire going up rather than down.  Perhaps removing the rear-most ceiling fixture would give you access to the connector?

That makes a lot of sense Chris and I will check it out when I bring the coach back out of storage.  I did send Winnebago service a message this morning and that was one of the questions I asked (location of the connecting plug).  Thanks again for the help.  I figure the connection is behind one of the three remaining lights (two on bottom of cabinet and one on wall on other side of bed).

Received a reply from Winnebago service today to my questions:  Wall Lamp connection?  Sent a link to the wiring diagram that I have and could not read - but Chris did help me on that one.  The service guy did tell me how to remove the slide control switch (easy) and sent me a diagram of the entire leveler and slide system to help me find the location of the solenoids.  Unfortunately, the word solenoid does not appear anywhere on the page so they shall remain hidden.  I asked the former owner if he ever had trouble with the bedroom slide switch and he say he forgot to tell me that he did and that the house batteries are old and weak and caused the problem.  I was told by others that the levelers and the slides are operated off the chassis battery - not the house batteries but I still replan to replace those two 6 volt batteries.  For now, the coach is stored and we have severe thunderstorm and tornado watches in effect so all is on hold.  Thanks for all your help.

Looking at the Parts Catalog for your coach, page 60 shows the HWH tank and solenoids, etc., at the right front corner of the chassis.  I'm not sure whether it needs to be accessed from underneath or not.

Thanks again Chris.  As an update, I posted on another thread the results of the wall lamp problem.  After tearing the bedroom area apart, I now know where a lot of the wiring it but the ultimate solution is two bad push button switches, one on each lamp.  I would call that unusual and think that it must have been some sort of power surge from the converter but no other 12 volt problems so it shall go as unknown but fixable.  The bedroom slide works great now but I have an extra dpdt switch now in case it gives me fits on the road.

Bill N said:
Thanks again Chris.  As an update, I posted on another thread the results of the wall lamp problem.  After tearing the bedroom area apart, I now know where a lot of the wiring it but the ultimate solution is two bad push button switches, one on each lamp.  I would call that unusual and think that it must have been some sort of power surge from the converter but no other 12 volt problems so it shall go as unknown but fixable.  The bedroom slide works great now but I have an extra dpdt switch now in case it gives me fits on the road.

Bill, that is just a poor switch, most of the time repeated on/off pushing will get them to work. I have a couple that do that. Have never gotten around to replacing them, as a couple pushes usually gets them working.

Not an unusual problem at all!! I have replaced almost all these push button switches on wall lamp fixtures here. The originals were rated for 12V, the new ones 120V and purchased at a local hardware store.

Another thing that you may want to check for on your slides is the fluid level on your HWH system. I'm not sure on your coach but I believe that to check the level that your jacks have to be up and slides in.  The reservoir and gauge are where your solenoid are the filler cap is the gauge.  Hope that helps, had similar problem with my '07 Journey and was fluid level.

John Canfield said:
...  Yes, slides in and jacks up for a fluid check.

Although this is true in most cases, there are some exceptions for a few (at least one, anyway) HWH slide types.  On my 2005 Vectra 36RD, the passenger-side bedroom slide needs to be out while all of the other slides should be in and the jacks up when checking the fluid level.  (It has to do with whether the slide cylinders are extended or retracted when the slide is in.)

Back
Top Bottom