1995 Jayco Pop Up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreddyS

My son get's out of the Army in May after 6 years and three deployments to Iraq, Afghanistan, and South Korea.  I was thinking of surprising him and buying a used 1995 Pop Up camper and I found this on CL for him and my other two kids to share.  My biggest worry in buying something this old is the dried canvas and leaks.  The one I am looking at was supposedly garaged it's entire life.  Would do the tires and bearings right off the bat.  Does anyone have any experience with this model pop up?  If so, what should I be concerned with?

I bought a used Jayco pop up and replaced the canvas on it without issue.  I had help and we took our time.  I would be concerned about the plywood, roof, and lift system.  Mine also developed a leak around the ceiling vent.

I had a Jayco for several years and we used it a lot.  The only problem I had was it went thru tires quite fast.  Did a little axel work and that took care of it. (not enough tow in)

They cut up real nice to make a flat bed snowmobile trailer ;)

If the rig is dry it should be fine. I bought one (1999 actually) and it had been left outside in our Canadian winter with 4 feet of snow on top. yep the roof collapsed. the owner didn't even try to save it when the snow melted off. He left it sitting for 2 years with water getting inside. the only things worth anything was the appliances. I salvaged the sink,cook top,furnace,fridge and power center. I used most of that in the rebuild of my Motorhome.

IF the one I had had of been looked after it was an amazing rig. the build quality was very good on this one. I didn't find missing staples or odd construction. again as long as it is dry and is put away dry it will be fine. they should be opened up once and a while to be dried out (see the theme yet)

This is the one I am actually considering:

http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/4387806016.html

I think the price is a little high.  Assuming it does not leak ( and I would ask the seller to set it up and douse with water), I was thinking of offering $ 2,500 for it.

Have you checked on new prices.  This one comes with a lot of add ons, AC, micro, etc.  If that was me I wouldn't take less than $3000, and I think it's worth that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom