need help wiring up coleman mach 15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

millartist

we have purchased a new coleman mach 15 to replace our original equipment duotherm 1350 on our 98 alpinelite. We have several problems. the camper wiring does not match up to the air conditioner wiring. We ordered the outside unit, inside ceiling unit, and thermostat.  The wiring we have on our old thermostat is as follows:  Red= power 7.5 yellow= cool, compressor Gray=furnace blue=fan high orange= fan low green=ground. the wiring on the new thermostat is as follows: blue=12v - power yellow=compressor green=fan high gray=fan low  The old duo-therm unit had both positive and negative 12v the new one only has 12v- where does the positive go?  How do I wire up the furnace on the new unit?where does the ground wire go? is 7.5 the same as 12v or will I blow something? Am I going to have to rewire everything? I called ppl motor homes who then gave me Coleman's tech support number they were less than helpful. Only advice was the part I already had figured out. I used to be a residential HVAC man, why is this so difficult?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skinldy71
Back
Top Bottom