To kill a mockingbird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molaker

We're in a tiny little fish camp on Perry Lake near Hattiesburg. Quiet, wooded and really restful. It's only 7 pm and Joyce is snoring on the back seat.

Funny thing, we kept hearing this scratching sound just outside the side door. At first, I thought it was tree limbs hanging down and rubbing the side in the wind. But, no. No limbs were touching. I went outside several times and as soon as I did the sound would quit and not start again until I went back in. Then I thought it might be some kind of critter under the RV chewing and scratching on who knows what. So, I got back out and laid down beside the RV and just waited...for nothing. I gave up and got back in. Then it started again, this time up by the front passenger door. Aha! I have those rounded "things are closer than they appear" mirrors on each side so I peered carefully and there it was. A mocking bird. Thrashing and flailing itself against the side of the RV. What the heck? Then I remembered. The RV has a broad shiny chrome panel all along the bottom just above the running boards. It's like a mirror and the bird was attacking itself. Well, at least I know it won't go on all night. However, it may wake us earlier than we planned. Hah! There he goes again!

A friend from Michigan and I were discussing his chrome strip around the bottom of his Monaco. He describes the same thing happening all the time. His is all kind of birds and some other animals such as cats will attack the strip.

He didn't wake us.  Guess he's not the early bird.  However, he is back this morning.  We have to move on shortly and it's probably a good thing...for him, anyway.  I'd hate to see him after an entire day of flogging our MH all day. :)

Back
Top Bottom