Taking the kids to Vancouver, BC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jasondbutcher

I am going on a road trip with my 3 and 9 year old daughters, and would like to cross the border into Vancouver. Does anyone have some insight as to which RV parks are good for kids and also some fun activities to do in Vancouver?  Any and all help would be appreciated.

There are some nice parks near the Pacific border crossing. Google Vancouver rv park and Hazelmere. No shortage of stuff to do. Stanley Park is a must see but don't try reaching it in a large rv. Greater Vancouver zoo near Aldergrove will also keep them busy. Beautiful beaches  abound, great fun for kids that age at low tide. Enjoy the journey, we are a friendly bunch. ;D

I do have a web page on vancouver with a section on its RV Parks. I am sorry to say I am a bit remiss in keeping it up to date. Offhand I would say the park in Tsawassen near the victoria ferry terminal may be the best bet since it is attached to waterslides if you are going in summer. Transport into Vancouver from there means you need a car to get to a park & ride. Vancouver has an extensive rapid transit system of subways & elevated trains, and it is best to use those to get downtown. Also there is a large park just off Hwy 99 (I-5) at the King george exit 5 km north of the border crossing. It has access to the beaches of White Rock, and and frequent easy bus connections to the subway into downtown Vancouver (Bridgeport station on the Canada Line, or to King George Station on the Expo line).  Cariboo Rv Park in The suburb of Burnaby is in walking distance to the Millenium line. It is opposite Burnaby Lake Park which has many walking trails. It also has an indoor pool. The other alternative is Capilano RV park which is under the Lions Gate Bridge which connects West Vancouver with downtown. If you have a tow car, it is easy to get to Stanley Park from there. Anyway the website is (in my signature line).

Feel free to phone me for advice after May 7. 604-200-1342. Until then I am RVing in Mexico.

Great feedback everyone!  You all have given great suggestions that will help enhance both mine and my kids experience.  I welcome any other suggestions and thank you all.

As mentioned before Stanley Park is great. Be sure to visit the Aquarium and see the beluga whales there in the park. Over on the False Creek side is a great farmers market which may not excite the kids too much, but take them on the little boat shuttle trip and light up their eyes. The boats were used for Expo 86 as transportation across the water. Depending on when you visit the PNE (fair) is a day well spent.

Ken

We stay at Capilano for its convience to downtown although it does offer a pool and pkayground.

I would suggest a trip up Grouse Mountain with the kids as well as Granville Island Market. Ours also enjoyed riding the SeaBus from North Vancouver to  Gastown.

Back
Top Bottom