Stabilizers for slide outs ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smokeater1

My 27' Minnie tends to have a fair bit of movement if the queen bed sleepers turn over, or the dinette bed sleeper turns. I'm wondering if a simple support under the slide out rail like Camping World sells would help ? And danger to the slide possible using one ?
Also anyone tried adding leveling jacks to a Class C ?

Thanks,

Jack.

Been years ago and I welded jacks and plates both As and Cs for different people.  Didn't hook up any hydraulics nor electric for them, just welded where they wanted them. If I recall a couple of them had cranks just like the tube jacks and they operated much the same as a regular  bottle jack only mechanical.  'Handle was like that of a scisssor jack with the twisting handle.  Also one was 4 scisssor jacks.  Tried to talk him out of that but he insisted.  Other than that, no knowledge of how they worked.  No one ever came back.

Absolutely not! Any movement in the RV will knock the slide out of adjustment or worse!  Same answer to stabilizers placed under steps.  Stabilize the whole RV ONLY.

I would be cautious about supporting the slide alone, for the reason suggested above.  It would be better to stabilize the entire RV, as webhannet suggests.  Does the Winnie have jacks? Stabilizers on the frame?

That said, I have used supports under the steps on another motorhone -  they simply flexed far too much, even when the RV itself was stable. The danger was that I occasionally forgot to remove the support before doing something that caused the automatic step to attempt to retract. The mechanism complained loudly!  :-[

I had not considered damaging the slide out. Good point. My Minnie has no jacks or stabilizers. Perhaps a scissor type on the rear frame would help.

Thanks.

Yes, stabilizers should be your first investment.  Try a set of inexpensive jack stands or some bottle jacks at each corner to see how much it will help.  Jack stands work fine, but the bottle jacks are easier to use and can also do some leveling for you. A 2 or 4 ton bottle jack is inexpensive and a pair of them plus two jack stands gives you quite  a bit of leveling and a lot of stability.

Back
Top Bottom