Electrical update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wasoki

My most recent post was about losing power down stream from the GFI outlet in our MH.  It is still under warranty so I let them take care of it.  I got the official word yesterday, a ground wire came loose and has since been repaired.  :)

Kind of curious as to how a wire could just come loose, but it is nice to know that those who responded here were right as usual, it was the obvious thing this time.

Wasoki said:
My most recent post was about losing power down stream from the GFI outlet in our MH.  It is still under warranty so I let them take care of it.  I got the official word yesterday, a ground wire came loose and has since been repaired.  :)
Great technicians, however they are wrong. The ground wire has nothing to do with the operation of a GFI. The only reason it is needed is because of the NEC requirements.

A loose ground can trip a GFCI if it comes in contact with another wire of the proper color.  However. that said.. Odds are very high the technician lied.. Everybody knows many RV problems are traced to bad grounds so if you do not want to spend a lot of time explaining what was really wrong..... Just say "Bad ground" and walk away.  Which is exactly what he did.

Back
Top Bottom