Coast to Coast Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lore

Dear Forum members,
I am a Coast to Coast resort member in California. Within the last six months, I have gone to six resorts that refused to honor Coast to Coast Good Neighbor Parks service. All said that CCR doesn't pay its bills or takes too long to pay. I'm very frustrated about this.  I paid good money to receive this CCR service. The parks for me to go to are disappearing one after another very quickly. Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Please give me some light on this issue. Thanks, Lore

I haven't heard this had become wide spred but maybe they are having a problem.  We dropped them quite some time ago.  Found Passport America works better for us.

We have never joined Coast to Coast because of the cost and like Ron have found that Passport America works better for us and isn't near the cost.  In fact, after staying at a couple of PA parks we usually save enough to cover our annual fee.  Since we also have our Golden Age Passes we try to stay at Corp of Engineering parks whenever possible where you get 50% off the fee, also, the same with RV parks in the National Park System if your rig isn't to long.

I recall reading in one of the RVing magazines--in letters to the editor, or was it the "help me with my problem" section--about some difficulties with CoastToCoast. 

I don't remember the details--I was way to new then.  I did both the Passport America and Happy Camper during that year; this year dropped the PA and kept HappyC.  They struck me as being about the same with participating campgrounds usually off the route I wanted to follow and often times there would be a black out on the offer when I was going by, otherwise I never had any difficulty getting my discount.

Ciao,

Doug

Smoky
I believe they do or least the ones we have been to.  Camping World has a book called "Camping with the Corps of Engineers" which lists all the Corp parks, which is very helpful.  You can also go to Reserve USA on the internet and all the Corp parks are listed there.  All of the Corp parks have sites you can reserve and there are also sites that are on a first come basis.  All of the ones we have been in are really nice and of course they are all around water.<G> Most sites have water and electric, some have full hook-ups and some are strickly boondocking.  If you have a Golden Age Pass the sites are half price and some state parks will honor that too but you have to ask.  Ned and I have really enjoyed staying at the COE parks whenever we can.

Smoky
I forgot about this but Camping World also has a book that list free camping throughout the USA.

Thanks Lorna.? I have that little Corps of Engineeers book, but I have yet to stay at one.? With your inspiration, that will soon change. :)

Right now we are sitting in a gorgeous Corp of Engineers park on the Strom Thurmond Reservoir (Savannah River). It's named Winfield and is about 30 miles west of Augusta, GA.  Huge sites, paved roads, 50A service, and every one of the 80 sites is waterfront. 

Most COE parks easily accomodate large rigs - they are just about the opposite of the Forest Service parks.

Gary:

Thanks for that input.  BTW, what is BREW compatible?  And also is the Samsung 750 ok for the Verizon National enahanced network?

lore said:
Dear Forum members,
I am a Coast to Coast resort member in California. Within the last six months, I have gone to six resorts that refused to honor Coast to Coast Good Neighbor Parks service. All said that CCR doesn't pay its bills or takes too long to pay. I'm very frustrated about this.? I paid good money to receive this CCR service. The parks for me to go to are disappearing one after another very quickly. Has anyone else experienced this problem?? Please give me some light on this issue. Thanks, Lore

Lore, as a C2C member I've run into this problem in the distant past but not recently. C2C changed their program when they went to "computer required" about 2 years ago. The borderline campgrounds, many of them computer illiterate, couldn't qualify. There's been some weeding out of campgrounds (and some new being added) since then but the system is heathier now.

Did you call or notify C2C of the camps where you were turned away? Were the camps on the current list? Were they affiliate or "good neighbor" parks?

I've had but one experience like you describe within the past year and it occured with a night manager who got lectured the following day by the owner. You need to communicate this problem to C2C directly. I'm a member only and in no other way have a corporate connection with C2C.

Back
Top Bottom