New Startcraft Small Cut in Canvas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckeyemom

We saw a Startcraft AR-One at the end of a show last weekend.  We filled out paperwork to purchase, but didn't sign final until this past Saturday. They were packing up and it had been parked too close to the the next trailer over. It had a small (about 1/2") tear in the canvas and the metal bar had gotten dented. The sales rep said they would replace that. This past Saturday we went and signed the final paperwork and walk through, and delivery. The small canvas cut was still there and it looked like someone had tried to hammer out the dent. The service guy said no one told him of the tear. We left the unit and they are going to call Startcraft to see what they want to do under warranty. It doesn't seem like a warranty issue, to me. My husband thinks they are going to try to just patch the canvas, and I should accept that. He's very easy going. I think it's a new unit and it should be replaced. Am I being unreasonable? We did get a good price on it. It's the 18FB and we paid 10,300.
Thanks in advance for reading and thoughts.

When you purchased it, it was new so expect them to replace all the parts no repairs. If they refuse, ask for your money back. They'll change their mind. If not, just walk and don't look back. There will be plenty of other deals as summer gets closer.

We've got the little brother to yours, the AR-one RB15.  We needed some warranty work on the canopy and a vent, and waiting for the parts to arrive, the dealer had it so long it was cutting into our precious little camping time, so I went and tied up the canopy with a rope and took it home, with instructions to call me when ALL the parts come in.  It was late fall when they came in!  That would have ruined our summer!

My point is, definitely fight the good fight over the warranty, but don't let them hang on to the trailer.  Duct tape the slice and take it and go enjoy it.

New is new!!! Fight for the canvas to be replaced and like posted above, tape it up and go!!! But get a "we owe" in writing before you leave the lot with it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom